Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 771
03-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Yeah, petty officers wearing Security armored vests? Okay. I am not going to argue this point any longer.
You can clearly see that both security officers in front of Spock's quarters in TSFS have red trousers and they both wear the armor used for the security officers in TMP. The same combination is used in TVH (example 1 & example 2
).
And according to Flechter a black collar is typical for all enlisted (except trainees).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
When the appropriate parts are added to the game I always do updates. When these parts are added it will be the same. Until then we have to make due with what we have. Feel free to ignore whatever you don't like. I will not because I know some players want something to use for those types of characters. So, I will do the best I can to mock-up whatever I can in order to represent them in the game.

The TOS Technician coveralls aren't in the game either. So, should I remove the mock-ups I did using the Enterprise uniforms? I think not.
No, because those are very close to canon while the TWOK enlisted uniform for example is clearly not.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Look, dude. I just watched the entirety of the TOS series over the last 6 days. Of the various episodes where Dress Uniforms appear only one of them, a female, wore rank braids. This leads me to believe that was specific to the female Dress Uniform, which again is currently unavailable. When it is added the guide will be updated appropriately.

And you're wrong. We also saw Lieutenant Dickerson in a Dress Uniform and it also had the gold piping down the front.

And you are right. Ensigns, crewmen and yeomen did not wear dress uniforms. The few that did dress up wore the Honor Guard uniforms, which were basically the standard Operations uniforms with the shirts tucked into a wide black belt.
I consider Lieutenant Dickerson's dress uniform a costume error (something that happened in Star Trek very often) because he wore the same uniform as Scott and McCoy, and wrong rank insignia is one of the most common costume errors (the other is the wrong uniform color).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post

Dress Badge 5: Unknown

If anyone knows who wore Dress Badge 5 please let me know. I have not been able to pinpoint that one. It almost looks like Scotty's, but the right patch is the wrong color (should be blue) and the left patch should not be there.
Its neither Scotts's nor Dickinson's because both have only three triangles. And all other characters wearing dress uniform wore either much more triangles or an assignment patch.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 772
03-30-2011, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbarossaRotbart
You can clearly see that both security officers in front of Spock's quarters in TSFS have red trousers and they both wear the armor used for the security officers in TMP. The same combination is used in TVH (example 1 & example 2
).
And according to Flechter a black collar is typical for all enlisted (except trainees).


No, because those are very close to canon while the TWOK enlisted uniform for example is clearly not.



I consider Lieutenant Dickerson's dress uniform a costume error (something that happened in Star Trek very often) because he wore the same uniform as Scott and McCoy, and wrong rank insignia is one of the most common costume errors (the other is the wrong uniform color).


Its neither Scotts's nor Dickinson's because both have only three triangles. And all other characters wearing dress uniform wore either much more triangles or an assignment patch.
That's McCoy's. It's been rotated, however, it should be blue, red, white, green (moving clockwise from the top).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 773
03-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbarossaRotbart
Its neither Scotts's nor Dickinson's because both have only three triangles. And all other characters wearing dress uniform wore either much more triangles or an assignment patch.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
That's McCoy's. It's been rotated, however, it should be blue, red, white, green (moving clockwise from the top).
It's not McCoy's either as that is already accounted for on Dress Badge 4. And the colors are exactly as they should be; purple, red, blue and green going clockwise from the top.

I will review the episodes again to be sure.


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 774
03-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Agreed.



It's not McCoy's either as that is already accounted for on Dress Badge 4. And the colors are exactly as they should be; purple, red, blue and green going clockwise from the top.

I will review the episodes again to be sure.


It looks much the same, but flipped and rotated. Your badge 4 is more exact, you're cquite correct.

It is also entirely possible it is not from ANY particular uniform and might just be a Cryptic hodgepodge.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 775
03-30-2011, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
It looks much the same, but flipped and rotated. Your badge 4 is more exact, you're cquite correct.

It is also entirely possible it is not from ANY particular uniform and might just be a Cryptic hodgepodge.
That's what I'm thinking. It appears to be an amalgam of Scotty's and Dickerson's badges. Although that leaves me to wonder why they didn't just do Scotty's, unless perhaps they thought they may get some complaints about the lack of a Scarf and Kilt to go with it.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 776
03-30-2011, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
That's what I'm thinking. It appears to be an amalgam of Scotty's and Dickerson's badges. Although that leaves me to wonder why they didn't just do Scotty's, unless perhaps they thought they may get some complaints about the lack of a Scarf and Kilt to go with it.

Oh, you know that would happen (I'm suprised I haven't seen it yet!).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 777
03-31-2011, 06:42 AM
It seems to me, that they used the triangles from Scotty's and Dickerson's dress uniforms to create this badge. The triangles a twelve o'clock and six o'clock aere identical to Scotty's, the other two can be found in Dickerson's.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 778
03-31-2011, 07:01 AM
I wonder if making a mockup of the alternate universe uniforms is allowed? I think the AGT uniforms can make a pretty good Kelvin type uniform. Just a thought.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 779
03-31-2011, 07:47 AM
I had the same idea. The AGT uniforms are very similiar to the Kelvin type uniforms which BTW are not from the alternate reality because they were introduced before Nero changed history.
The ENT unifomrs can be used for many TOS and TNG overalls.
The problem are those uniforms which do not have any close equivalents like the TWOK enlisted uniforms, the TNG skants, the TMP security armor etc.

I've created a skant version of the B-04 uniform by using the Nurse Split Skirt with amatching color.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 780
03-31-2011, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbarossaRotbart
I had the same idea. The AGT uniforms are very similiar to the Kelvin type uniforms which BTW are not from the alternate reality because they were introduced before Nero changed history..
In my mind its from an alternate universe, no matter what has been said. It makes far more sense that they traveled back in time to an alternate reality than the prime timeline since there are already a bunch of things that don't fit in. (Just my own opinion)

And I was referring to the alternate TOS uniforms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbarossaRotbart
The ENT unifomrs can be used for many TOS and TNG overalls.
The problem are those uniforms which do not have any close equivalents like the TWOK enlisted uniforms, the TNG skants, the TMP security armor etc.

I've created a skant version of the B-04 uniform by using the Nurse Split Skirt with amatching color.
I know about the overall uniforms, they are in this guide.

I think Blackavaar makes the best equivalents of the uniforms possible
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:15 PM.