Lt. Commander
# 851
04-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Greetings Lord Blackavaar,

I have a request. Whenever you get around to making the Guides for the new Bajoran Militia uniforms, released today, can you be sure to include/add a "25th Century" version for the four uniforms displayed in the C-Store?

http://www.startrekonline.com/dyncon...bajoran_01.jpg

Please and thank you!
Do you mean to copy the colors the devs used in addition to the actual canon colors?

Sure, I can do that, assuming I have access to those colors, of course.

Lt. Commander
# 852
04-07-2011, 01:14 PM

It seems that they used the colors of thiose uniforms seen most of the time in DS9 (from left to right):
enlisted male station security, male engineering/(early) planetary security/staff officer, enlisted feamle station security, female command/liason officer.
The officer's uniform seems to be accurate and is based on Kira's unform of the first three seasons.
The enlisted unifrom however is a mix between Odo's uniform, which does not have a collar, and the enlisted jumpsuit, which is a one-piece uniform and to a two-piece.
Lt. Commander
# 853
04-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbarossaRotbart

It seems that they used the colors of thiose uniforms seen most of the time in DS9 (from left to right):
enlisted male station security, male engineering/(early) planetary security/staff officer, enlisted feamle station security, female command/liason officer.
The officer's uniform seems to be accurate and is based on Kira's unform of the first three seasons.
The enlisted unifrom however is a mix between Odo's uniform, which does not have a collar, and the enlisted jumpsuit, which is a one-piece uniform and to a two-piece.
Actually from Season Three on even Odo wore the collared uniform. And color-wise, only the command uniform looks like it will be actually doable using the Standard Uniform Color Pallet. The others look like they will not be possible unless they actually allow us to use the Off Duty Color Pallet. I can't tell right now because I am at work and cannot access the game.

The first and third are obviously intended to be Security Officers as those are the colors they wear, no matter the location, although Security never wore rank pins.

And I'm assuming the second from the left is intended to be the Operations uniform, though it looks like they colored it based on a particular image in a particular lighting. In actuality the uniform is Gray with Dark Gray shoulders, not Lavender and Dark Jade. The colors do appear different in different lighting though. So, it's an easy mistake to make.

The Command uniform does look the most accurate, though the belt should match the boots in color, not the shoulders. Also, both the Belt and the Boots appear to be missing some texture. In the show there is a cutout pattern on the front of the Belt and along the top edge of the Boots, similar to Kira's undershirt.

Lt. Commander
# 854
04-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Actually from Season Three on even Odo wore the collared uniform.
You are right.
Quote:
And color-wise, only the command uniform looks like it will be actually doable using the Standard Uniform Color Pallet. The others look like they will not be possible unless they actually allow us to use the Off Duty Color Pallet. I can't tell right now because I am at work and cannot access the game.
You can't use the Off Duty Color Pallet. (Living in the "Old Wolrd" has its advantages )
Quote:
The first and third are obviously intended to be Security Officers as those are the colors they wear, no matter the location, although Security never wore rank pins.
Those are security.
Quote:
And I'm assuming the second from the left is intended to be the Operations uniform, though it looks like they colored it based on a particular image in a particular lighting. In actuality the uniform is Gray with Dark Gray shoulders, not Lavender and Dark Jade. The colors do appear different in different lighting though. So, it's an easy mistake to make.
Operations. I don't know if operations is the right designation. Because in season one all engineers wore those uniforms and in season two we saw high ranking officers and normal soldiers (or planetary security) in this uniform (later they got the red uniform).
Quote:
The Command uniform does look the most accurate, though the belt should match the boots in color, not the shoulders. Also, both the Belt and the Boots appear to be missing some texture. In the show there is a cutout pattern on the front of the Belt and along the top edge of the Boots, similar to Kira's undershirt.
The cutout pattern on the belt exists.
Lt. Commander
# 855
04-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbarossaRotbart
Operations. I don't know if operations is the right designation. Because in season one all engineers wore those uniforms and in season two we saw high ranking officers and normal soldiers (or planetary security) in this uniform (later they got the red uniform).
For the Bajorans, Operations seems to encompass anything from general Maintenance to Soldiers. They're basically General personnel. The reason I call them Operations is because they make up the majority of Bajoran officers seen in OPS on DS9. After Season Two, the Technician uniform becomes the majority used in Engineering and Maintenance.

Also, there appear to be two versions of the Operations uniform. One uses Cool Grays, with a bluish tone. The other uses Warm Grays, which are brownish. There is no definitive distinction made between the two in the show, but it appears that the Warm Grays are mostly worn by the Soldiery, which would make them Tactical uniforms. I'm going to have to watch more episodes. I just finished Season Three last night and started Season Four. I also want to jump back and watch a couple of Season One and Two episodes again for reference.

Don't worry. I'm doing my studying. These uniform guides will be as accurate as possible.

BTW, did they get the ranks right? Are there General, Colonel and Major pips (as per the Marine-style rankings the Bajorans used) or did they rename them according to Starfleet (Navy) standards?

Lt. Commander
# 856
04-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Quote:
BTW, did they get the ranks right? Are there General, Colonel and Major pips (as per the Marine-style rankings the Bajorans used) or did they rename them according to Starfleet (Navy) standards?

Based on what I've seen in the official thread about them, the rank pips are named properly. Unfortunately, the generals' uniform is not part of the pack, so you don't have the option for rank pips on both sides of the collar.
Lt. Commander
# 857
04-07-2011, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
so you don't have the option for rank pips on both sides of the collar.
the general's pips are on both sides of the collar.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 859
04-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Based on what I've seen in the official thread about them, the rank pips are named properly. Unfortunately, the generals' uniform is not part of the pack, so you don't have the option for rank pips on both sides of the collar.
Aw, too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
Oh, epaulets even. Very kool.

Edit: Are the epaulets adjustable in color?

Lt. Commander
# 860
04-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Aw, too bad.

Oh, epaulets even. Very kool.

Edit: Are the epaulets adjustable in color?

no, neither are the pips.

The badge is however.