Lt. Commander
# 861
04-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
[color="Wheat"]...

BTW, did they get the ranks right? Are there General, Colonel and Major pips (as per the Marine-style rankings the Bajorans used) or did they rename them according to Starfleet (Navy) standards?[/COLOR
As far as I can find out, the rank insignia are correct in name, form and size, but the bajoran militia has more ranks than Starfleet, so a commander gets the rank insigina of a major instead of a lieutenant colonel or field colonel.
Lt. Commander
# 862
04-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
no, neither are the pips.

The badge is however.
That's not good, because the epaulets were definitely not gold at all.

Lt. Commander
# 863
04-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbarossaRotbart
As far as I can find out, the rank insignia are correct in name, form and size, but the bajoran militia has more ranks than Starfleet, so a commander gets the rank insigina of a major instead of a lieutenant colonel or field colonel.
Since many of those ranks were unrepresented by the pins in the show, I can understand that.

The epaulet thing is unacceptable though. At the very least you should be able to change them from gold to silver, especially since silver is canon. The same with the rank pips, since Field Colonels actually wore silver rank pins in the series, they should be able to wear them in the game too.

Lt. Commander
# 864
04-07-2011, 04:06 PM
While you wait for me to pound out the Bajoran Militia uniforms, I have something for you guys and gals to play with.

TNG and DS9 Section 31 Uniforms

Now first off these are not canon and have been created at the request of players to have such uniform guides made. First I started with the base of the darkness that is used on the in-game Section 31 uniforms. Then I reasoned that these uniforms could have been a precursor to a uniform worn much later in canon. I also presumed that since during this era Section 31 is still a more underground operation that they would not broadcast the specialty of their agents by using divisional colors. In the end I came up with these two variants. I hope you all like them.

TNG
DS9

These have, of course, been added to the Section 31 Uniforms section for easy reference.

Enjoy!

Lt. Commander
# 865
04-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Someone in the official thread said the general's uniform was not in game. I guess the epaulets and rank pips are, but the general's uniform is clearly different: http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2010/...oran-wardrobe/ http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Kr...General%29.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 866
04-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Someone in the official thread said the general's uniform was not in game. I guess the epaulets and rank pips are, but the general's uniform is clearly different: http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2010/...oran-wardrobe/ http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Kr...General%29.jpg
Yes, I know. Unfortunate, but since the epaulets are messed up anyway...

Lt. Commander
# 867
04-07-2011, 07:11 PM
you got a colour chart for the Red command bajoran uniform?
Lt. Commander
# 868
04-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Of course the medical ones would be the ones with a different pattern than all the other Bajoran uniforms. :p And messing around with the colors, it's fairly easy to get the red one, but the brown one is almost certainly using off duty colors.
Lt. Commander
# 869
04-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
you got a colour chart for the Red command bajoran uniform?
Not yet. I'm still at work and haven't even seen them in-game yet.

I'm guessing Red D1 for the pink part, Red B7 for the shoulders and Red D5 for the belt and boots, but we'll have to see how that guess pans out.

Lt. Commander
# 870
04-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiblePerson
Of course the medical ones would be the ones with a different pattern than all the other Bajoran uniforms. :p And messing around with the colors, it's fairly easy to get the red one, but the brown one is almost certainly using off duty colors.
I really wish when they released these things they would stick to using the colors we are limited to. It seems kind of like false advertising when they use colors on the C-Store models that we can't use.