Lt. Commander
# 881
04-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenovita View Post
Hi Blackavaar, I cannot find the Ambassador uniform... where is it?

Thx!
Since it is based on the TNG Film/DS9 Dress Uniforms, it is found in Canon Dress Uniforms here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Thanks Lord Blackavaar. Those look good.

I got to thinking about it, and I have a question... Are these supposed to be "DS9" era uniform (ie from 2369-2375) or do you think they are supposed to be "current" 2409 era uniforms?
Well, it appears they used the Command/Operations uniform from DS9 Season One and the Security/Technician uniform from Season three and beyond. So, I think they are considered to be the DS9 era uniforms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbarossaRotbart
Wow!
You've got the colors right. But one of the operation uniforms was worn by officers who clearly did not belong into operations, but were line/field officers. (We clearly do not know, if the Bajoran militia has a similar color code as Starfleet or a completely different one.
BTW the dress uniform is missing. It would be a mock-up, but the standard uniform is close enough for this. Kira's uniform can also be recreated by using T'Pol's top.
I may try to mock-up the Kira dress uniform at a later time.

Quote:
Somehow I cannot see any resemblance to the Vulcan uniforms from ENT.
Those are based on Vulcan uniforms seen on DS9, not Enterprise. If they were based on Enterprise they would be all gray. Back then the Vulcans had a more boring aesthetic going on.

Quote:
These are the uniforms seen in DS9. Currently there should not be any Bajoran milita, because Bajor is (?) a member of the Federation and the Bajoran militia thus became part of Starfleet.
Even when a species is a member of the Federation, they still continue to use their own uniforms when aboard their own ships and they can still maintain their own military forces. Federation member does not automatically mean Starfleet officers.

Lt. Commander
# 882
04-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Idea: post some screenies at different lighting situations. Even going as far as to find a place in game that NPCs wear a uniform, and taking a screenshot next to it. For example, when I was making my Bajoran robes, I was constantly running to and from the Bajoran Temple on DS9 to make sure I got them right. Obviously more work for you, but it might help people to actually see the differences in tailor/in game writing.
Lt. Commander
# 883
04-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Idea: post some screenies at different lighting situations. Even going as far as to find a place in game that NPCs wear a uniform, and taking a screenshot next to it. For example, when I was making my Bajoran robes, I was constantly running to and from the Bajoran Temple on DS9 to make sure I got them right. Obviously more work for you, but it might help people to actually see the differences in tailor/in game writing.
I do lighting tests to be sure of accuracy. Mainly I use Stranded (Azura), Vulcan and random planetary missions in Delta Volanis. I just don't usually take screen shots of them. I find DS9's lighting far too dark and shadowy in-game. It's not good for lighting tests.

Lt. Commander
# 884
04-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Well, wherever. I just think it would add to the guide.

But if you do ever do Bajoran prylar robes, you'll have to go to DS9... until they add Bajor as a walkable location....
Lt. Commander
# 885
04-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Those are based on Vulcan uniforms seen on DS9, not Enterprise. If they were based on Enterprise they would be all gray. Back then the Vulcans had a more boring aesthetic going on.
Well, the only vulcan in a non-starfleet uniform in the 24th century I've found was the captain of the Vulcan science vessel T'Vran wearing a blue uniform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Even when a species is a member of the Federation, they still continue to use their own uniforms when aboard their own ships and they can still maintain their own military forces. Federation member does not automatically mean Starfleet officers.
DS9 "Rapture" says different. And during the whole dominion war, we did never hear that Andorian Imperial Guard or Vulcan High Command vessels or fleets were actively fighting the Dominion. Also the existence of Starfleet vessel with Vulcan only crews suggests that Starfleet includes all the former navies of all Federation members. All that we know is, that the vulcan intelligence service V'Shar is still active and that Vulcan has a fleet of independent science vessels.
Lt. Commander
# 886
04-09-2011, 02:29 PM
We know at least one organization existed in a security/military capacity other than Starfleet: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Federation_Naval_Patrol Just sayin' is all.
Lt. Commander
# 887
04-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbarossaRotbart
Well, the only vulcan in a non-starfleet uniform in the 24th century I've found was the captain of the Vulcan science vessel T'Vran wearing a blue uniform.

DS9 "Rapture" says different. And during the whole dominion war, we did never hear that Andorian Imperial Guard or Vulcan High Command vessels or fleets were actively fighting the Dominion. Also the existence of Starfleet vessel with Vulcan only crews suggests that Starfleet includes all the former navies of all Federation members. All that we know is, that the vulcan intelligence service V'Shar is still active and that Vulcan has a fleet of independent science vessels.

And when Betazed was captured by the Dominion, it was mentioned that Betazed's own defense force was "antiquated". The wording suggests they maintained their own fleet. Plus, I seriously doubt that a Starfleet-run defense force would be labeled as "antiquated".
Lt. Commander
# 888
04-09-2011, 08:34 PM
RE: Ambassador uniform. The one in game is actually a lighter red. I think the closest I got was Red 1. And it uses the standard 'Current' command badge with no ranks. The rest of it matches. But that's what I found by going back and forth trying to see how closely I could match his uniform in the room (I did this several months ago when I first reached Ambassador, so it's only accurate if they haven't changed his uniform).

EDIT:
I imagine some of those groups are similar to the current United States setup. Starfleet would be the Army/Navy/Airforce and stuff like the Andorian Imperial Guard would be like the state's National Guard. Same thing for intelligence agencies, Section 31 would be the CIA/FBI and the Vulcan intelligence would be like a state bureau of investigation.

Anyways, I want that Vulcan uniform in game. By now cryptic has to be running low on iconic costumes to sell. I mean there's early season TNG uniforms, TNG/DS9 dress uniforms, doctor's coat and what else? Cadet uniforms maybe? A Wesley Crusher Uniform Pack (If you're listening Cryptic that would be a great April 1st gift next year)?
Lt. Commander
# 889
04-10-2011, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
And when Betazed was captured by the Dominion, it was mentioned that Betazed's own defense force was "antiquated". The wording suggests they maintained their own fleet. Plus, I seriously doubt that a Starfleet-run defense force would be labeled as "antiquated".
The reason for that is IMO quite simple. Betazed, like Earth, lies deep within Federation space, so they had no need for a modern defence force. BTW, Earth's own defence force was also not very modern, as you can see in "Best of Both Worlds", where it only consists of some missiles. And it seems that those defenses were not upgarde before the war, or the Breen would not have been so successfull with their surprise attack.
IMO Starfleet is the only (quasi-)organisation still in existance in the Federation, all others have either been absorbed into Starfleet or have been reduced into a planetary security/police force or a strictly civilian service. That also includes older intelligence services like the vulcan V'Shar.
The Federation Naval Patrol seems to be a Federation wide service, perhaps it is the equivalent of the Coast Guard, which does not mean that it is a military organisation (in many countries the police and the coast guard are not part of the military).
But that's all my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 890
04-10-2011, 05:48 AM
Barbarossa, this really isn't the place for this discussion.