# 81
05-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Still hoping for a sticky bump.

Lt. Commander
# 82
05-13-2010, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Thank you. I'll think about that for a future update.

Because the Voyager pips are more silver than gold. I've been watching a lot Voyager recently and I noticed that their pips look like white gold. Since there is not an appropriate silver with a gold sheen I find silver looks more accurate. If these pips were done like the TOS rank stripes they would look perfect.

Actually the silver with the gold sheen looks more accurate to me, since in many of the TOS episodes the stripes appear a more faded gold, as if the uniforms were being washed too often.

And the cool gray looks more accurate to me. It works better with the different lighting effects in the game, taking on the proper tones at the proper time.

Those are an effect of the lighting. As mentioned above I think the cool gray I've chosen works best with the lighting in the game.

You use the same grey i do and i think most of my department colors are the same or very close to yours. The Science/Medical are the only ones that bug me because they never quite look right. I think it has something to do with the games engine and color palette, but maybe it's just me. It's always interesting to see someone elses take on things.

Oh i use the TNG movie Uniform on all my characters and Bridge officers.
Lt. Commander
# 83
05-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Okay. I added the TOS Skirt variants. Though no gold skirt was ever shown in the series, I went ahead and added one anyway since players will no doubt have female characters in command positions. I know I do. I'll add a gold MU skirt as well just as soon as I can for the same reason.

I also updated the rank colors for all wallpapers and TOS images as the color I had previously designated was slightly lighter than it should have been and looked bad in some of the more brightly lit areas.

I have thought further about lightening up the color I use for the TNG/DS9/VOY era Security/Engineering uniforms. I will update those once I have checked them against the lighting. I'm thinking I might push it up one or two shades, which would make it B5 or B6, instead of B7 on the numbered wallpaper.

Let me know if you all think that would be a good change.

Lt. Commander
# 84
05-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Okay, I've added the Command Gold Skirt to the MU section.

Since no one has commented on the proposed Gold change of TNG/DS9/VOY uniforms I'm going to go ahead and leave them as is for now. After further checking against the light sources in the game I still believe it is the best choice as most light sources are much brighter than the supposed neutral light found in the Tailor screen.

Still hoping for a sticky. At nearly 4,000 views you'd think this would have one by now.

Lt. Commander
# 85
05-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the charts! I like having an official looking outfit (DS9 style).
Lt. Commander
# 86
05-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Very nice, but I would like to point out, concerning the TWOK uniforms, the stripe on legs match the division color EXCEPT command, which still uses a red stripe with white turtleneck.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38.../tvhhd2192.jpg

You can clearly see command officers get red stripes, while Commander and below maintain the division color on the leg stripe.
Lt. Commander
# 87
05-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Rook View Post
Very nice, but I would like to point out, concerning the TWOK uniforms, the stripe on legs match the division color EXCEPT command, which still uses a red stripe with white turtleneck.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38.../tvhhd2192.jpg

You can clearly see command officers get red stripes, while Commander and below maintain the division color on the leg stripe.
Nice catch. I just rewatched all of those movies recently. I can't believe I missed that. I'll update those as soon as I can.

Lt. Commander
# 88
05-19-2010, 01:14 PM
TNG movie colours are a bit off, move the black and gray ones down a row, and the grey on the top 1 to the left.

and the pips shouldn't be so bright and gold, they are darker and more bronze looking
Lt. Commander
# 89
05-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Actually, the second row black color is appropriate for appearance. The "pitch black" isn't a naturally occuring dye. I do agree with you about the shoulder grey but in the other direction, 1 to the right. The way you have it configured is way too dark.
Lt. Commander
# 90
05-19-2010, 02:33 PM
Depends on what your going after, because i have noticed that the First Contact uniforms are a wee bit darker on the shoulders than the other TNG movie and late DS9 uniforms.

In addition the Voyager engineer/security uniforms should have brighter shoulders.
http://www.shadowdalecreations.com/s..._voyager_2.jpg

Command and Medical/Science are very dark by comparison but engineering/security is very bright in general and not just on that photo.