Lt. Commander
# 901
04-14-2011, 04:50 AM
Thank you, Blackavaar! As usual, these are greatly appreciated.

A question that just came to mind (I haven't tried it out yet): What do you think, could the Bajoran pants (and maybe even the Bajoran boots) be a more accurate choice for the TNG-series Captain's Jacket Variant?
Lt. Commander
# 902
04-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patarival View Post
Thank you, Blackavaar! As usual, these are greatly appreciated.

A question that just came to mind (I haven't tried it out yet): What do you think, could the Bajoran pants (and maybe even the Bajoran boots) be a more accurate choice for the TNG-series Captain's Jacket Variant?
You're very welcome.

I was thinking about that myself, but I haven't had a chance to do any lighting tests yet. I'll let you know when I do.

Lt. Commander
# 903
04-15-2011, 03:50 PM
New addition to the Canon Alien Uniforms section:

Bajoran Dress Blues

Enjoy!

Lt. Commander
# 904
04-16-2011, 02:22 AM
Blues? They are purple and not blue!
Lt. Commander
# 905
04-16-2011, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbarossaRotbart
ermm that looks blue to me. You sure your not color blind? It's about the same color blue as the blue Headers here on the forums.

peter
Lt. Commander
# 906
04-16-2011, 08:02 AM
I do agree that it might look a little purplish but that is also true for the gray colors that look purplish on screen.
So I agree that it's definitely more blue than purple.
Lt. Commander
# 907
04-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerRock View Post
ermm that looks blue to me. You sure your not color blind? It's about the same color blue as the blue Headers here on the forums.
No, on both. The header is light blue but the uniform more purplish than blue, even if it is only a light purple, it is purple and not blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patarival View Post
I do agree that it might look a little purplish but that is also true for the gray colors that look purplish on screen.
So I agree that it's definitely more blue than purple.
And that's an argument to make the TOS command uniforms green and not gold, because the original fabric was green and not gold as it seemed to be on screen.
(There is a reason NTSC is called NTSC: Not (or: Never) The Same Color!)
Lt. Commander
# 908
04-16-2011, 08:43 AM
I just wanted to say thank for taking the time to make this. It has REALLY helped me get the colors down that I was having Probs with. Do you have any plans for maybe making a Guide for making the people look more human, I'm not the best with the sliders
Lt. Commander
# 909
04-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbarossaRotbart
Barbarossa, you really need to start watching the episodes instead of depending on stills on the interwebs. That still is in a particular lighting that makes it appear purplish. The moment she starts moving it goes back to blue. Then she walks into another hallway that makes it appear grayish, steps out of the hallway and it is blue again.

Considering my lighting tests, as you move around through the world of STO the color I chose will appear correct.

Also, I tried the violet band of colors and they are way too purple.

Lt. Commander
# 910
04-16-2011, 09:20 AM
First, Do have the episodes and going through the scenes Kira wore this uniform in "Crossfire" supports my claim that the uniform is purple and not blue.
Second, May I remind you of the security uniforms in TSFS where you thought that the collars are black but a closer look revealed that they are dark green?
I know that the color palette in STO does not support some of the colors used for the uniforms. So you have to choose the best possible substitute, but that does not mean that apurple uniform becomes blue just because light purple does not exist. All light colors do not exist in that palette, so you have to tone down.