Lt. Commander
# 921
04-18-2011, 05:31 PM
It can be any color you want it to be, so long as it is black.
Lt. Commander
# 922
04-19-2011, 07:12 PM
black, i was wondering with your permission, i could make a "Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors" for STOI Forums? in case the Website and STO Suddenly gets cut out by some unknown failure like earthquake which happened in Japan. so i thought i could pephaps make backups in case data was lost.
Lt. Commander
# 923
04-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlink1 View Post
black, i was wondering with your permission, i could make a "Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors" for STOI Forums? in case the Website and STO Suddenly gets cut out by some unknown failure like earthquake which happened in Japan. so i thought i could pephaps make backups in case data was lost.
Certainly. Although I doubt we'll need any more back-ups. My guide is featured on STOwiki and STOwoche as well as a couple of Fleet sites and I have copies of everything saved for editing. But feel free. You have my permission to use anything in the guide.

Lt. Commander
# 924
04-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Hey, Blackavaar, for the sake of completeness, do you think you could do the Open Jacket Variations of the 25th Century Uniforms that have said variations in Operations and Science/Medical Colors as well as the Command Colors you've already done, as well as a group image of all available Open/Closed Jacket and Color Variations for a particular Uniform Type (limiting it to the three main Division Colors)? Again, it's just for the sake of being complete, so that people who wish to would have images of those uniforms in those colors that they can link to.
Lt. Commander
# 925
04-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
I think these should be used to redress the various Bajoran NPCs on DS9 when they go about the remodeling. Hopefully the devs will agree.
Well, in the DS9 relaunch novels, at least, no, they shouldn't - all of the members of the Bajoran Militia were given Starfleet commissions when Bajor joined the Federation. Of course, this being Cryptic's version of the early 25th century, they can do whatever they damn well please and/or can get away with.

(Insert grumbling, half-hearted, "I know why they did it but I still don't have to like it" rant on the lack of a single set of uniform standards for Starfleet in STO here.)
Lt. Commander
# 926
04-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kant_Lavar
Well, in the DS9 relaunch novels, at least, no, they shouldn't - all of the members of the Bajoran Militia were given Starfleet commissions when Bajor joined the Federation.
That isn't entirely true. In the relaunch novels, not all of the Bajoran Militia was absorbed into starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 927
04-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Btw, did a color check on Kira's dress uniform, and it's the hex code #272e4b, or 39 / 46 / 75 (red, green, blue respectively)

Basically what that means, is that while there is some red, the predominant color is definitely blue.
Lt. Commander
# 928
04-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamato
Hey, Blackavaar, for the sake of completeness, do you think you could do the Open Jacket Variations of the 25th Century Uniforms that have said variations in Operations and Science/Medical Colors as well as the Command Colors you've already done, as well as a group image of all available Open/Closed Jacket and Color Variations for a particular Uniform Type (limiting it to the three main Division Colors)? Again, it's just for the sake of being complete, so that people who wish to would have images of those uniforms in those colors that they can link to.
I will definitely consider doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kant_Lavar
Well, in the DS9 relaunch novels, at least, no, they shouldn't - all of the members of the Bajoran Militia were given Starfleet commissions when Bajor joined the Federation.
That isn't entirely true. In the relaunch novels, not all of the Bajoran Militia was absorbed into starfleet.
It seems to me that even in that case the Bajorans in OPS, the Shipyard and working as Security would be the ones that were absorbed, considering that Starfleet is still tasked with running DS9. So, it would make sense that they wear the Federation divisional colors.

There could be still be other Bajorans wearing Militia colors walking around on the station too. They would just be visiting from Bajor, commanding Bajoran vessels that are currently docked there, etc., not commanding the station.

Lt. Commander
# 929
04-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
Btw, did a color check on Kira's dress uniform, and it's the hex code #272e4b, or 39 / 46 / 75 (red, green, blue respectively)

Basically what that means, is that while there is some red, the predominant color is definitely blue.
Thank you, Cuatela.

Lt. Commander
# 930
04-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Hmmm, looks like you're going to have a new uniform to add to the list come next week. XD Probably the easiest one you've ever done. XD