Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 941
05-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I just want to say that I admire the work in this thread. I love going with different costume appearances and these ones (taken from the shows) really do look different from most in-game (in a good way).
Thank you, Darren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
First off once again thanks so much for producing such detailed uniform colour guides, Blackavaar! Superb work!

In addition to the Bajoran uniform guides you've created, I thought I'd bring another uniform that Odo wore briefly in the DS9 pilot episode. Check it out here: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Odo,_2369.jpg

Hope that helps!
Thanks, Alan!

Actually the Security uniform I created is a combination of that uniform and the version that appears later in the series. The beige of the later uniform was not available, so I had to go with the yellow of the earlier version. I think the final Bajoran Security uniform guide came out very nice considering.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-El
If one were interested in recreating Miral Paris' uniform...what shade would you say her uniform is? It looks...brown.
I was actually considering doing that as a variant. I already have the Kuvah'Magh mission set for my main costume test character. I'll let you know when the guide is ready.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 942
05-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Thanks, Alan!

Actually the Security uniform I created is a combination of that uniform and the version that appears later in the series. The beige of the later uniform was not available, so I had to go with the yellow of the earlier version. I think the final Bajoran Security uniform guide came out very nice considering.




So would I be right in saying you won't be doing a separate version of that one-off security uniform Odo wore in the DS9 pilot? That the current guide you have up is basically the end product for the security uniform?

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 943
05-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post


So would I be right in saying you won't be doing a separate version of that one-off security uniform Odo wore in the DS9 pilot? That the current guide you have up is basically the end product for the security uniform?

I could try it, but the brown I used on the current version is pretty much as light as you can go before it starts looking too orange. We really need access to the Off Duty color pallet to make these uniforms look right. Still, I'll give it a go and do some lighting tests and see what I can do.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 944
05-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Here is to hoping Season 4 brings more uniform options!

Access to the bigger palette, combos of more elements, etc
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 945
05-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Here is to hoping Season 4 brings more uniform options!

Access to the bigger palette, combos of more elements, etc
Though it would mean a whole lot of work for me (I think I'm over 300 individual guides now), I am hoping for the same thing.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 946
05-04-2011, 11:52 PM
Took an attempt at two uniforms

First in the Enlisted for TWOK (sadly unable to use the TWOK badge with it)

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...okenlisted.png

The second being a security uniform based off of this

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ga...uniforms11.jpg


http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...mpsecurity.png
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 947
05-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
I could try it, but the brown I used on the current version is pretty much as light as you can go before it starts looking too orange. We really need access to the Off Duty color pallet to make these uniforms look right. Still, I'll give it a go and do some lighting tests and see what I can do.

Mate, I don't know anyone else here who knows what is and isn't possible with these guides except you. If you don't think its possible with out the right pallet then leave it alone. No point in working on a guide that you don't feel is gonna be what you want it to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Here is to hoping Season 4 brings more uniform options!

Access to the bigger palette, combos of more elements, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Though it would mean a whole lot of work for me (I think I'm over 300 individual guides now), I am hoping for the same thing.

I'm with you both. And once those guides are done Blackavaar, prepare for tidal-wave of the praise that people are gonna be giving you, man.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 948
05-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODST General
Took an attempt at two uniforms
Those are pretty good! Just about as close as you could probably get without the actual pieces.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 949
05-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Those are pretty good! Just about as close as you could probably get without the actual pieces.
Thanks I plan to create a mission based in the TWOK era. So I am trying to get as accurate as I can with the limited resources for things of that time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 950
05-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Wasn't the top area on the enlisted goldish, not gray? I might be wrong, just thought i'd mention.

Looking back, looks like you do have a lot you would redo. I'd love em!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:00 AM.