Lt. Commander
# 971
05-10-2011, 05:57 PM
The only real problem with your statements of the Next Generation era, Mojo, is we do have a documented Vice Admiral who did not wear Command Red. I'll admit it is very rare to see a non-Command Red Admiral, we still see one. This may be a costuming error, but you can barely make out a gold trim going down the front of the uniform indicating that he is intended to be an Admiral and the costume was intentionally made. Beyond that, I see nothing wrong with your observations.

Cuatela, there is a problem with your arguments. At least two of your examples are in command positions. Stocker was in command of Starbase 10, and Krasnovsky was the captain of a starship, both clear command positions yet they wore division colors that were not of the command division for the time.
Lt. Commander
# 972
05-10-2011, 06:37 PM
The answer is simple guys. It's the Captain's/Commodore's/Admiral's prerogative. They are not bound to wear a specific color because they are in a command position. That's why Captains can also decide to wear Captain's Variants, as Kirk, Picard and Sisko often did.

Lt. Commander
# 973
05-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Yeeps, I hope I didn't start this off, I was only moaning about having to put my security boffs in red
Lt. Commander
# 974
05-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Cockburn
Yeeps, I hope I didn't start this off, I was only moaning about having to put my security boffs in red
No worries, man. These conversations are fun to read anyway.

BTW, 19 days until I get the new Jupiter uniform. Whatever that is. Yay! The guides will follow shortly after. Can't wait.

Lt. Commander
# 975
05-10-2011, 10:34 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 976
05-11-2011, 12:58 AM
Remove that link please.

Lt. Commander
# 977
05-11-2011, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Remove that link please.

Just to clarify the reasoning to the linking poster: the in progress pics are taken from files that are part of the client on people's computers, but not actually released to the game. Posting them is against the Forum Rules, and we don't want this thread to get closed.

(Although it's always seemed silly to me that MMO companies would put stuff on people's computers that they didn't want seen before it was "officially" released)
Lt. Commander
# 978
05-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Nice to see this thread is still around, and updated too.
For someone such as myself that has difficulty telling colors apart when they are very close, it's fantastic.
The effort that went into this is impressive. And to see it updated for new outfits is also quite nice.
Thanks again.
Lt. Commander
# 979
05-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denare View Post
Nice to see this thread is still around, and updated too.
For someone such as myself that has difficulty telling colors apart when they are very close, it's fantastic.
The effort that went into this is impressive. And to see it updated for new outfits is also quite nice.
Thanks again.
You're very welcome.

Lt. Commander
# 980
05-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Hey, Blackavaar, I've noticed a good number of posts that Stahl is trying to find ways to get Costumes in-game, not just C-Store.

A bunch more people might get to use this super sweet guide