Lt. Commander
# 981
05-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
No worries, man. These conversations are fun to read anyway.

BTW, 19 days until I get the new Jupiter uniform. Whatever that is. Yay! The guides will follow shortly after. Can't wait.

Well, from Dstahl's twitter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstahl
Pic of exclusive 500 day Fed Jupiter Uniform. There will be 5 other variants available in the Jupiter Uniform Pack http://yfrog.com/gyihmfnj
And further information from this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
To clear up a few of your questions regarding the Federation 500 Day Veteran rewards:

The 500 Day Veteran Reward includes:

1 Jupiter Series Veteran Uniform Jacket
This is a unique jacket, in one of our new styles. (*See note below*)
You will be able to choose a Veteran Decorated version, with metallic decoration on the shoulders, or a non-decorated version, if you don't want to wear the vet-bling.

1 United Federation of Planets belt

It's sweet, trust me. =)

Bonus for the Federation 500 Day Rewards:

Veteran Decoration on 5 upcoming uniforms

After we made the Veteran Uniform option with the metallic decoration on the shoulders, I thought... "Hey, that looks cool... can I put that on a few more uniforms?" And yes, I can. So I went ahead and made "Veteran Decorated" variants of all the new Jupiter Uniforms coming out. If you are a 500 Day Vet, and you purchase the upcoming Jupiter Uniform pack, those uniforms will give you the option to use a Veteran Decorated material on it. It's just another way for us to add an extra little treat for our Vet players.

What's the Jupiter Series?

"Jupiter" is the name we have given our new series of uniforms. You can think of a "series" as a style, including the cut and texture. It's a thematic look for a set of uniforms. The uniforms currently called "A" and "B" are 2 series currently in the game, and they are being renamed to "Antares" and "Sierra". The Antares uniforms all have a similar feel to them, as do the Sierra. The Jupiter are a longer cut, with a generally "higher ranking" feel to them. We wanted the 500 Day Veteran reward to have this same feel, so we went the new Jupiter series feel.

Hope that helps a bit! Let me know if you have any more questions!

Cheers,

Matt

Should at least be something to work with for now.
Lt. Commander
# 982
05-13-2011, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
Well, from Dstahl's twitter:

And further information from this thread:

Should at least be something to work with for now.
Thanks! I can't wait. I especially like the Mirror Universe one. I hope that's part of the set. The asymmetrical look would be great for a new 29th century mock-up.

Lt. Commander
# 983
05-13-2011, 01:03 AM
Blackavaar, You have done a terrific job detailing just about everything that is Star Trek. With out your expertise and info, This game would not be as well detailed as it is. Once again, Thank You
Lt. Commander
# 984
05-13-2011, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Thanks! I can't wait. I especially like the Mirror Universe one. I hope that's part of the set. The asymmetrical look would be great for a new 29th century mock-up.

I thought that too when I saw it, probably will not buy it. But I look forward to seeing what you do with it none the less.
Lt. Commander
# 985
05-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Quote:
The asymmetrical look would be great for a new 29th century mock-up.

That's a great idea!
Lt. Commander
# 986
05-15-2011, 04:49 AM
Blackavaar, words can not express how useful this guide is nor how thankful I am for it. It's my go to for the numerous costume changes I make a day and I'm surprised I haven't said so already. Thanks again and keep up the awesome work; it is much appreciated.

P.S. Cryptic, I want MOAR UNI4MS!
Lt. Commander
# 987
05-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Blackavaar, I know you get this a lot, but thank you for all the hard work. I use your guide for every crew I have, and also for my fleet's uniforms. It adds an extra level of immersion to the game. Thanks again.
Lt. Commander
# 988
05-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllGottenBooty
Blackavaar, You have done a terrific job detailing just about everything that is Star Trek. With out your expertise and info, This game would not be as well detailed as it is. Once again, Thank You
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihnoc
Blackavaar, words can not express how useful this guide is nor how thankful I am for it. It's my go to for the numerous costume changes I make a day and I'm surprised I haven't said so already. Thanks again and keep up the awesome work; it is much appreciated.

P.S. Cryptic, I want MOAR UNI4MS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldofmanwe View Post
Blackavaar, I know you get this a lot, but thank you for all the hard work. I use your guide for every crew I have, and also for my fleet's uniforms. It adds an extra level of immersion to the game. Thanks again.
Thanks a lot guys! You're all very welcome!

Lt. Commander
# 989
05-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Ye Almighty Lord Blackavaar

Your humble servant and appreciator of all things costume-***** beseeches you, nay prays that you'll devise a possible recreation of the Elite Force 2 Hazard Suit for use in the realms of STO.

/bow

/worship

/snicker

Just playin' chief. Just curious if you have any ideas on how to recreate this:
http://images.wikia.com/startrek/ima...oto_-_2380.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 990
05-18-2011, 11:39 AM
The tops look like the standard First Contact uniform...the rest you could probably simulate with a kit, tight pants, and the Enterprise Boots.