Lt. Commander
# 1 +40 enemies in Risa sector
04-17-2010, 03:20 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~ Phoxe
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-18-2010, 03:53 AM
It's going to be worse with death penalty now not only will you be forced in you can have a death penalty as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-18-2010, 04:13 AM
Honestly I like going in DSEs below my level. Its the only way to get crafting items of lower levels. Sure it sucks a bit for lower level players, so I try to avoid it during high frequented play times, but I really don't want to pay ridicolous prices for a mark II phaser bank or something.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-18-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
Honestly I like going in DSEs below my level. Its the only way to get crafting items of lower levels. Sure it sucks a bit for lower level players, so I try to avoid it during high frequented play times, but I really don't want to pay ridicolous prices for a mark II phaser bank or something.
Come on it's only 200k for those MKII phaser banks , but I see why you do that, and actually do not mind that even though some of my lower alts will pay the price, eventually some of your goodies will make it to market, and will be snagged by me if it is at a reasonable price. The devs might want to rethink this scaling thing with these DSE encounters, the ones that will tend to get hurt are the lower level players, and heaven forbid if it's a new player...I can hear the 'ZOMG this is utter BS!'
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-18-2010, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
You can just go in and fly around in the low level explore zones and farm the anomolies easliy.. no combat required.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-18-2010, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merls
It's going to be worse with death penalty now not only will you be forced in you can have a death penalty as well.
Then you should be happy that the DP is optional for those of you to used to an easy ride. While people wishing to have a bit of a challenge can turn it on.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-18-2010, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITE-Kaos View Post
Then you should be happy that the DP is optional for those of you to used to an easy ride. While people wishing to have a bit of a challenge can turn it on.
Er. They changed their mind on that before it went into testing. Surprised you didn't see that.

And, really, they just need to use the upcoming sidekicking system to artificially lower your level in DSEs and lower level exploration content.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-18-2010, 06:55 AM
Honestly, I wish Cryptic would just turn scaling off on those random encounters.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITE-Kaos View Post
its not optional theres no "turning it on" u can leave it at default(normal) or up it
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfea View Post
Honestly, I wish Cryptic would just turn scaling off on those random encounters.
The problem that creates is that you still have high levels treating the content as trivial.

Rather than scaling mobs up, players should be scaled down to an appropriate level to face them.