Lt. Commander
O.o Epic win!

New daleks (lots of colours)
Spitfires in space :O (mustang cant do that )
old daleks (like these better)
lufwaffa got pwned :O

New Dalek Empire

Supreme Dalek = White
Science Dalek = yellow ?
Drone Dalek = red ? (daleks have redshirts too now.. however they seem to have the opposite effect)
Stratagist (sp) Dalek = Blue ?
Eternal Dalek = Orange ?

thoughts,opinions on Victory of the Daleks?!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-17-2010, 05:21 PM
I dont like the new direction they have gone in with the Daleks, It seems to me its a new money spinner for toy sales, I like the new series(only just) It just feels like they are dumbing it down and making it more Kiddie accesable. I hope next week proves me wrong with the weeping angels!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-17-2010, 06:51 PM
I have to admit, I feel a bit let down by this episode. 'Victory of the Daleks' felt like a kids show, and the new Daleks look like cheap plastic toys (nobody is going to be hiding behind the sofa from these things). It wasn't actually bad, but it really wasn't what I was expecting; and makes me a little concerned about the direction the series is taking.

Still, I do see some interesting possibilities here. The early Daleks did come in a variety of colours, which seemed to indicate rank or perhaps some kind of caste system. These Daleks had cities, and at least some of the trappings of civilization.

Later Daleks had a more uniform appearance, and seemed to be nothing more than roving armies of autonomous weapon systems (more or less since the introduction of Davros in 'Genesis of the Daleks'). A bit scarier I suppose, but less interesting and complex.

I now find myself wondering if everything that has happened since 'Genesis of the Daleks' might end up becoming a very long and complicated origins story; and we are now seeing the creation of the 'original' Daleks that the Doctor encountered in his early adventures.

Probably just wishful thinking on my part of course; but I think it's a fun idea :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
O.o Epic win!

New daleks (lots of colours)!
the new daleks look like they just came out of a factory in japan, i don't like them. although, i'm really starting to like matt smith
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-17-2010, 07:28 PM
The Eleventh Hour has just (moments ago) aired in the US. The 'new' Daleks do put me in mind of the of the old ones appearance wise, guess I'll watch it in two weeks . I really like Matt Smith so far, he's 'odd'. As for the weeping angels episode coming up, I'm really glad to see Dr. Song showing up, I hope they build that story line through this Doctor.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Having seen every single Doctor Who episode since series 1 episode 1 with Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor I must say...

I agree, theyve gone totally the wrong direction with the Daleks, multi colored? it's as wrong as the current doctor, companion, and general story plots so far. A dalek asking if someone wants some tea? come on, And in this episode plus the previous one Amy Pond has saved the day twice now, I thought it was the Doctors role to save the day, since they changed writer/director/cast/logo and tardis interior it's become ruined.

For some reason though, i'll still watch it, maybe they will replace the whole lot and surprise everyone
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Here's some of the Dalek colors previously used,

http://www.historyvortex.org/DalekLeaders.html
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-17-2010, 11:10 PM
I personally liked the episode. I'm getting a little worried about the Daleks though. I mean...they're great villains and all but I am starting to get a little tired of them. Do they have to be the Big Bad for EVERY season? (ok so they got the Cybermen in there like once)

They seriously need to just retire the Daleks for about a season and a half or so.

I really like this business about Amy forgetting about the Dalek attack however. I thought for sure that they were trying to make a clean break from Eccleston/Tennant but it seems like they're going to follow up on some of the plotlines from that era and I'm all for that.

By the way, next week looks to be a hell of an episode. I hate the filler eps they've done that haven't involved the main cast but those angels were sweet.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-18-2010, 02:22 AM
I was disappointed they brought back the Daleks. I wanted exciting new bad guys. After watching this disappointing rehash only to find out next week is a rehash of the stone angels.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-18-2010, 03:01 AM
lol we need more daleks :O less of everything else