Lt. Commander
# 11
04-18-2010, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windlight
Having seen every single Doctor Who episode since series 1 episode 1 with Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor I must say...

I agree, theyve gone totally the wrong direction with the Daleks, multi colored? it's as wrong as the current doctor, companion, and general story plots so far. A dalek asking if someone wants some tea? come on, And in this episode plus the previous one Amy Pond has saved the day twice now, I thought it was the Doctors role to save the day, since they changed writer/director/cast/logo and tardis interior it's become ruined.

For some reason though, i'll still watch it, maybe they will replace the whole lot and surprise everyone
i dunno... maybe davros will pop back and make the ones we all love (russels era) then we can have some daleks on power rangers action :O
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-18-2010, 03:36 AM
I kind of like the Daleks! :p
But i felt these Daleks somehow seemed to pristine and clean somehow, less metallic than their predecessors.
Still i wonder if the return of the Daleks has anything to do with these mysterious "cracks" in time that we keep seeing.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-18-2010, 03:37 AM
I like the new Daleks and the new Dr. I'm glad to see my money is still being used to give us something good to watch at the weekend. Also, bring back Torchwood Mr BBC guy. My 145.50 a year isn't really justified when I only watch 1 BBC searies a year. Oh and more Being Human please =))
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-19-2010, 03:28 AM
I think this was a good, solid episode. It reset the Daleks into a newer, sleeker design (although I'm still a fan of the original headbulbs) and we finally have a decent 'getaway', as opposed to the episode finishing with The Doctor patting himself on the back that all Daleks were destroyed and going on his merry way, like we've had almost every time since the series restarted in 2005. Certainly, they've been used a lot recently, but really no more than any other.

1st Doctor: Four times, not including The Space Museum, which featured a Dalek shell, and Mission To The Unknown, which didn't have The Doctor in it.
2nd Doctor: Three times, not including Wheel In Space, which was an astral projection
3rd Doctor: Four times, not including The Mind Of Evil, which was an hallucination
4th Doctor: Twice, not including the flashback in Logopolis. However, since one of these times was the story Genesis Of The Daleks, that counts as a bonus
5th Doctor: Once, not including the cameo in The Five Doctors
6th Doctor: Once
7th Doctor: Once, not including the cameo in the TV movie (which I actually quite liked, so nyeeer)
8th Doctor: Audio productions not counting in the TV encounters list here, zero.
9th Doctor: Twice
10th Doctor: Twice, not including the flashback/drawings from Human Nature
11th Doctor: Once

This means that The Doctor has encountered the Daleks an average of 1.9 times per Regeneration, which isn't that much, when you space it out over the 47 years the show's been going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windlight
Amy Pond has saved the day twice now, I thought it was the Doctors role to save the day, since they changed writer/director/cast/logo and tardis interior it's become ruined.
Writer - since 2005, each episode has had a different writer, with one main writer controlling the opening and closing episodes, and making sure each episode has continuity - telling people what to add into their stories, or take away. The only change, as far as I can tell, is that The Doctor isn't falling in love with everyone he meets now, and I consider that an improvement.
Director - since 2005, each episode has had a different director.
Cast - I want McCoy back, but it isn't going to happen. You want to see change, Windlight, go back and watch every episode ever made, starting with William Hartnell.
Logo - Seriously? You think the logo is detrimental to the show? The logo?
Tardis - I completely agree. I want the Tardis interior to go back to how it was originally. I miss the stark white, and the red central column.

As for The Doctor saving the day and not his companions...really? One of the whole central themes to Season 30 (or, Season 4 in the New-Doctor numbering) was that The Doctor changed the lives of the people he met - as Davros said, his Companions became his weapons, and he manipulated them. We're just seeing that - or, alternatively, we're seeing that Amy Pond is a suitable Companion for the Doctor, as she's pretty smart to figure out that talking about death to the Android was going to bring about death (in the form of the bomb), whereas talking about life, and hope, and love, would stop it.