Lt. Commander
TO GMs / DEVs / FORUM ADMINs
I'm including a file with this post to try and help people out. i am a 29year old that recently lost his left hand and the process of having to control the ship, while spamming the middle mouse was to much for me. I had a decision, either leave the game or setup something to enable my weapon for auto attack. I'm providing this as a helpful tool. it is NOT a bot, a hack, a crack, it does not violate any sort of agreement that I have read over up until this time. If there is any issues, please direct them to me personally.

TO FELLOW STO GAMERS
This tool is provided as is. It was written using Auto-Hotkey. It is not password locked, so feel free to load it into Auto-hotkey and check out the code. It's a very simple script that after you are logged into STO, it will ask you to press ALT + Q to set each of the hot-keys you want to enable as autofire. The ALT + Q is simply saving the mouse locations so that the script knows where to right click. After all keys are setup, then it will very, very quickly right click to enable your auto-fire weapons. For some users, changing the mouse speed faster or slower might be required, there is an option if it for that. After your weapons are enables, you can close the tool and you are done. Reopening it will require for you to setup your hot-key locations again.

TO CODERS / PROGRAMMERS
This is a very simple script. nothing major was put into this, and yes I could have made the script smaller, but i wanted for anyone that can follow any type of coding to simply see how it's going through the process. Please have constructive criticism. Remember, this is for the people our there that don't know any form of code to help that out.

TO ALL
I'm including the file for now. If the devs, gms, etc want me to post the code used, I will do that, but it's quite a few lines of code. I will also send the raw script code to anyone requesting it, just send me contact info.

-----------------------------------------------------
To back myself up, and for anyone that says anything about being baned, or worried about using this method.
post of dev saying it's OK to use this auto-fire method :
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...50#post2138850

There are 2 points being thrown around on forums and all about using a 3rd party program to enable auto-fire for all weapons.
Quote:
Posting Unreleased Content / Hacking Data Files
Posts and/or private messages that contain language, comments, references, links, symbols, terms and/or content that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, show/display and/or discuss any of the following may be subject to an infraction: (a) unreleased in-game items or equipment; (b) areas that have been unlocked by hacking into client data files; and/or (c) data not available through normal game play.
The tool I'm including doesn't hack, modify, change, or anything like that. It simply does what a person could do, assuming that a person can click and move there mouse 1 tenth of a sec through all of there firing keys. This is not an exploit, this is a bug as has been OKed to use from the DEVs.

Quote:
Posting Cheats, Hacks, Trojan Horses, or Malicious Programs
Posts and/or private messages that allude to, contain language, comments, references, links, symbols, terms and/or imagery about and/or promote and/or otherwise support, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, cheats, hacks, cracks and/or malicious viruses/programs (e.g., keyloggers, Trojan horses, websites or files that take control of another person’s computer, etc.) may be subject to an infraction.
this tool is none of these. Download it, scan it, decode it, load it into Auto-Hotkey if you want to see the code and you don't beleave me. There is no trojans, no cheating or hacking, as this is an allowed process as per the DEVs. This tool is just to help with this process.

ok, I think I have said enough =) here is the link, let me know if there is any issues.
STO Auto-Fire Enabler
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Unlimited Autofire is on Tribble right now, and Coming Soon® to a Holodeck near you!