Lt. Commander
# 11
04-17-2010, 11:42 PM
I don't care about the sizes or loading screens, so long as my Galaxy-class ship with Galaxy-class bridge gets an appropriately matching Galaxy-class interior.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-17-2010, 11:42 PM
dstahl speaks:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
This is one of the problems with doing player ship interiors. We simply don't have enough man power to make custom versions of every single ship out there (fed and klingon) and get it to you anytime soon. So as a compromise the idea on the table is to make several variants of key locations, compile them into a preset floor layout, and then let you choose which one you want. So for example - each interior may have the same rooms (engineering, lounge, medbay, transporter room, crew quarters, etc) but we may only be able to make 3 layout variants and then let you select a color scheme and texture set. This means that ship interiors are not going to be ship accurate - but the trade off being that you get them sooner than later. In the end we feel having your own interior - even if the engine room doesn't necessarily match your ship - beats out not having your own ship interior.
now this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris
I don't care about the sizes or loading screens, so long as my Galaxy-class ship with Galaxy-class bridge gets an appropriately matching Galaxy-class interior.
There's nothing to say that the developers won't have a galaxy style layout (and let you choose the color scheme to reflect that).
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-18-2010, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I thought we discussed this - spending time in elevators loading was the worst part of Mass Effect. Seriously, playing an animated loading screen with a wireframe view (like in Mass Effect 2) would be awesome.

Anyways, using that video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vxTWGfflUQ#t=1m40s

Players could always have a custom loadscreen with transport door of their choice (with authentic sounds) then appear in the next map (no "beaming"). Would that work?
yup that vid is a perfect example how i imagine ship interiors to be like as well.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-18-2010, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
Ship interiors are coming sooner or later (probably later) I would just like to say that I really hope we get proper sliding doors and are able to wander around our ships without a *single* loading screen. once we enter the bridge, I don't wanna see another loading screen at all on my ship. it'll be really disappointing if there is, FYI, Cryptic

Wow! The title said Warning, thought maybe you were going to threaten them or go postal or something!
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-18-2010, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-child View Post
yup that vid is a perfect example how i imagine ship interiors to be like as well.
Prepare to be disappointed.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-18-2010, 01:30 AM
They've announced the plans for interiors. One Fed and one Klg layout. A possibility of customizable floor plans. Each room will have customizable textures, color schemes, and lighting. Rooms at launch will be: Ready Room, Engineering, Lounge, Sickbay, Transporter Room, Captain's Quarters, and a reception hall for fleet meetings. The devs haven't done the final scheduling yet, but they are going to try to get multiple variants for each room type in at launch (for instance, a few different Engineering Rooms choices).

So they aren't going to be investing time into an interior for each ship class, so don't expect to see accurate sizes. You may have a 4 deck interior on a Galaxy class. You never know.

I wouldn't be expecting to have the ship be one big instance, like in the video. More than likely, it'll work like this: Each deck is a separate instance, probably with the return of the animated turbolift loading screen from beta. Each room is a separate instance with a loading screen.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-18-2010, 01:31 AM
i would prefer it if they implemented a base style design feature and we had separate decks to choose the layout. with consoles and npcs we can put inside our own ships which would activate quests like we flag it for pvp against klingons
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-18-2010, 01:47 AM
One thing about that video though, it makes me want full voiced dialogue far more than I want ship interiors like those.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-18-2010, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
They've announced the plans for interiors. One Fed and one Klg layout. A possibility of customizable floor plans. Each room will have customizable textures, color schemes, and lighting. Rooms at launch will be: Ready Room, Engineering, Lounge, Sickbay, Transporter Room, Captain's Quarters, and a reception hall for fleet meetings. The devs haven't done the final scheduling yet, but they are going to try to get multiple variants for each room type in at launch (for instance, a few different Engineering Rooms choices).

So they aren't going to be investing time into an interior for each ship class, so don't expect to see accurate sizes. You may have a 4 deck interior on a Galaxy class. You never know.

I wouldn't be expecting to have the ship be one big instance, like in the video. More than likely, it'll work like this: Each deck is a separate instance, probably with the return of the animated turbolift loading screen from beta. Each room is a separate instance with a loading screen.
well i have to chose between instanced interior and non at all, i chose instanced.
Since having a a costumization ability on the rooms in question, then im happy.
If we can get collectable loot and veteran rewards later on, that we can place, aka. decorate with, then even better.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-18-2010, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-child View Post
well i have to chose between instanced interior and non at all, i chose instanced.
Since having a a costumization ability on the rooms in question, then im happy.
If we can get collectable loot and veteran rewards later on, that we can place, aka. decorate with, then even better.
They've mentioned that we may be able to put trophies that we unlock through the Accolade system (which is coming next month) in our Ready Rooms, just like all the captains in the shows did.