Lt. Commander
# 361
02-04-2011, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkjedi View Post
Wow... those Elite Forces interiors are PERFECT.

That's what I was expecting when interiors were announced. The current interiors are so huge and modular, I haven't visited mine in months.

Even though this thread is a necro, it's worthy of continued discussion.
While they are perfect, and I just had a nostalgia attack at the mention of Elite Force, that was a first person perspective. Until something with the camera changes we can't expect such small (read: accurate) interiors.
Lt. Commander
# 362
02-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolderine
If you enter a turbo lift and it loads a new area, why not have an animation of the turbolift lights flashing past so it appears that you are travelling down or up during that time?

In addition to the OPs proposal, give the ship a "lived in" feel. Scuffs and/or stains on the carpet occasionally, even worn patches here and there, marks of minor damage like a bulkhead panel half off from previous battles that are still awaiting repair but on the low priority list.
There was a turbolift loading screen back in beta. I would be in favor of bringing it back (as long as the lights moved the proper direction).

I would also be in favor of some damage, if your ship is in need of repairs. Not so much the "lived in" feel, though, since that was never a property of Starfleet ships in the shows.
Lt. Commander
# 363
02-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
There was a turbolift loading screen back in beta. I would be in favor of bringing it back (as long as the lights moved the proper direction).
Thing is, even the very simple loading screens they had hit loading times for absurdly high tacked-on percentages. Which isn't much of an issue for those of us like me whose setups can load fast - 250% of a barely noticeable time is still barely noticeable - but for anyone in less than optimal conditions...