Lt. Commander
# 1 Enemy Signal Contact
04-18-2010, 02:52 AM
ENOUGH ALREADY!

I did 6 missions earlier, and in that time frame I was transferred to 17 Enemy Signal Contact instances automatically. That's 34 unwanted loading screens that I had no choice in avoiding. These things are everywhere, if I want to go in one, I will, stop making me. This game has 10x too many loading screens for a MMO as it is, no need in throwing even more on top.

That's all I got for now
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-18-2010, 02:55 AM
They are there to dissuade players from going AFK while flying through sector space.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-18-2010, 02:59 AM
also
if i can't get into the lower lvl Enemy Signal Contacts why do the Quest Givers give me a quest to defend the Regulus Secotor Block ???

And i HATE it when the Subspace Icon blinks all the time because there is one quest that i did not take so i allways take every quest and bury it inside my questlog.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-18-2010, 03:40 AM
You now we told them about the enemy contacts many times but they dont listen.
Just yesterday i made a post about signal contacts.No reply of course

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=151452
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-18-2010, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
They are there to dissuade players from going AFK while flying through sector space.
I don;t believe that one bit. Then explain why we can plot a course and auto pilot to the location if they did not want that? That makes no logical sense what so ever.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-18-2010, 04:35 AM
I plot a course, get up to use the restroom, come back to find my ship blown up in some lame DSE. I exit the DSE just to get hit with yet another DSE the very second I enter sector space. This has happened 4 times in a row before, Enter, exit enter exit enter exit. I kid you not. I was so ticked off I shut my PC down for an hour over that crap. I mean seriously, 4 times in a row? Let me use the damn bathroom for crying out loud. Let me go get a bite to eat or a cup of coffee. I do not want to sit on my ars while waiting to get to where I am going, doing nothing but playing Quarterback against all the damn DSEs. Lame and not fun. If I get a mission to go to one, then I will find a Signal Contact cloud (Previously a DSE who rammed some poor chap into a DSE Instance) and I will click on that signal and opt to join. Being forced in is pretty much crap.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-18-2010, 04:47 AM
I actully agree, if it's to make the game feel more "alive" then please don't

No, but when it comes to forcing the players to join something, then we are heading down a very dangerus path.
PVE players don't like beeing forced to pvp, pvp players don't like to be foced on pve.
Same way we do not like beeing forced on certain "encounters" that we do not like to do at the moment.
If we want to do a deepspace encounter then WE will join one.

so ye i agree with you.
When flying from the omega fleet to b'tran cluster i allways get thrown into a deepspace encounter and it's anoying.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-18-2010, 04:49 AM
my ship has started heading towards the damm things when it flying in auto i dont mind them but when you want one of them you can not get one even if you chase the damm things around the map.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-18-2010, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeboboy View Post
my ship has started heading towards the damm things when it flying in auto i dont mind them but when you want one of them you can not get one even if you chase the damm things around the map.
haha, i hate loughing at what your saying, but it's so true...
When your nearly at it then it goes away.
And when you don't want it, then it throws you into every single one it can find.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-18-2010, 04:52 AM
It's only going to be worse with death penalty looming. Now we will get a bunch of loading screens and a death penalty as well. Enough already! At least make it like it was in beta with a 30 second timer. If i am afk i will still get penalised but if I am not afk I can just decline the damn thing. I have been complaining about this since release.