Lt. Commander
# 11
04-18-2010, 05:03 AM
Go the ceiling of the map and laugh at the DSEs.

Not been sucked into any DSE that way. Yes it is a bit extra work to fly up but well worth it.
Well almost once but that was one of those funny Borg cubes with a hitbox the size of texas(aka cant touch this *shakes her ships rump at the cube*).
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-18-2010, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat

Not been sucked into any DSE that way. Yes it is a bit extra work to fly up but well worth it.
Well almost once but that was one of those funny Borg cubes with a hitbox the size of texas(aka cant touch this *shakes her ships rump at the cube*).
agreed with that
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-18-2010, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat

I've tried that, those over sized Borg Cubes get ya anyway. They have a mass that damn near stretches from top to bottom of Sector Space.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-18-2010, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I've tried that, those over sized Borg Cubes get ya anyway. They have a mass that damn near stretches from top to bottom of Sector Space.
You have the best of luck. :p

One time when actually wanting to get inside a DSE... The cube was just rubbing itself against Chats ship.
Sexual harassment if anything. >_>
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-18-2010, 05:58 AM
I get those alot. But another player told me that an Enemy Signal Contact hunts down like a wild animal if you are at a certain level with those contacts.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-18-2010, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I plot a course, get up to use the restroom, come back to find my ship blown up in some lame DSE. I exit the DSE just to get hit with yet another DSE the very second I enter sector space. This has happened 4 times in a row before, Enter, exit enter exit enter exit. I kid you not. I was so ticked off I shut my PC down for an hour over that crap. I mean seriously, 4 times in a row? Let me use the damn bathroom for crying out loud. Let me go get a bite to eat or a cup of coffee.
The defining trait of a good officer is the ability to adapt to situations.

Seriously, if you need to take a break, just "Visit the Bridge". You are taken off the instance map and cannot be attacked while you are on the bridge. If you are on the sector map and AFK, you're gonna get hit. So form a strategy to deal with it. Star Fleet captains are trained to deal with obstacles.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kineel

Seriously, if you need to take a break, just "Visit the Bridge". You are taken off the instance map and cannot be attacked while you are on the bridge. If you are on the sector map and AFK, you're gonna get hit. So form a strategy to deal with it. Star Fleet captains are trained to deal with obstacles.

ha...ha
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kineel

Set auto fly to location, open skill tree to assign recently acquired skillpoints, get dragged into DSE, select leave, get sucked into DSE, select leave Get sucked into DSE, select leave Get sucked into DSE, Continue to location. No thats not annoying at all. /sarc.

Give us the damn timer cryptic. 10 seconds would be enough!
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-18-2010, 07:56 PM
O...k... I can honestly say I don't have this problem. I always fly at the top of the maps just for traffic sake. I have never accidently run into a DSE. Crud, I can't get them when I want them. But I am just a Commander level 4. I've never been to Borg space.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-19-2010, 02:56 AM
I rarely have a problem with them.

I like 'em, however. Gives the feeling of...I dunno...being at war and suddenly being attacked out in open space.