Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
When queueing for a 5v5, keep an eye on the number waiting in queue.

If the number is already at 5 when you look it up, a chance a premade is there.

If the number jumps directly by 5, a premade just joined the queue. At this point you have 2 choices, either join with your own premade, and this works if the total queue on your side is empty(or in the case of FvF the number is already at 5) OR ignore the queue until the number goes below 5, then queue up.

I offer this trick to help players avoid imbalanced or find worthy opponents.

In the hope that Cryptic will come up with a system that filters premade from PuGs, now players has a method to afford worthy challenges.

I'm a PuG man myself (most of the time), and as much skill I can possibly bring to the battlefield, rarely do PuG has a fighting chance against premade. And I do love an equal challenge, otherwise what's the purpose?

Getting premade vs premade to fight each other is a bit trickier, the queue must read zero for the first premade to queue in. But if more PuG players adapt this system, having players bail out when a premade joins in should also allow premades to join against each other with more ease.

Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-19-2010, 08:11 PM
why do you loose your time to post those oblivious infos that all the population already know?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultime View Post
why doi you loose yoru tiem to post those oblivious info than all the population already know?
To tell you the truth, your post hurts my brain.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-19-2010, 09:58 PM
i hope i didnt make you overheat
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Quote:
i hope i didnt make you overheat
Mon ami, ils ne comprennent pas la langue de l'amour
qui est engrish canadienne-franšaise.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-20-2010, 02:48 AM
Quote:
why doi you loose yoru tiem to post those oblivious info than all the population already know?
But NOOOIE what hapepned tehn??? Teh babeis wer all kieledl by hte traogic accdient!!!! NOOOOO

Quote:
I'm a PuG man myself (most of the time), and as much skill I can possibly bring to the battlefield, rarely do PuG has a fighting chance against premade. And I do love an equal challenge, otherwise what's the purpose?
Very true. Most premades however do not consist of true pvp'ers, they are just players that want to win fast and often to inflate their e-peen. A true pvp'er enjoys the match itself more than the result, and would prefer a hard fought match where no side had the advantage for most of its duration more than a 2 minute faceroll. Same with people who take enjoyment out of VM/Subnuc spamming, they simply lack the proper mindset.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-20-2010, 07:12 AM
Quote:
why do you loose your time to post those oblivious infos that all the population already know?
edit: fix attempt
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-20-2010, 08:30 AM
close, 1 o in lose
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTareq View Post
Very true. Most premades however do not consist of true pvp'ers, they are just players that want to win fast and often to inflate their e-peen. A true pvp'er enjoys the match itself more than the result, and would prefer a hard fought match where no side had the advantage for most of its duration more than a 2 minute faceroll. Same with people who take enjoyment out of VM/Subnuc spamming, they simply lack the proper mindset.
Most of my PvP nights are with some folks from my friend list, or PUGs which convert into an evolving group as the night progresses. By the end we're a premade, but it was one that kind of formed from an initial PUG as folks rotated in and out.

In terms of battles though, I'd much rather prefer a 14-15 loss than a 15-1 win any day. And after several matches where we tend to be winning heavily, it's good when you run up against a very skilled opposing team that knocks you down just as much. Heck, after losing to a group of players in one map, I look forwards to facing them in subsequent matches later in the evening.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambience View Post
Most of my PvP nights are with some folks from my friend list, or PUGs which convert into an evolving group as the night progresses. By the end we're a premade, but it was one that kind of formed from an initial PUG as folks rotated in and out.

In terms of battles though, I'd much rather prefer a 14-15 loss than a 15-1 win any day. And after several matches where we tend to be winning heavily, it's good when you run up against a very skilled opposing team that knocks you down just as much. Heck, after losing to a group of players in one map, I look forwards to facing them in subsequent matches later in the evening.
+1
much respect Ambience
looking forward to facing you