Lt. Commander
If one were to cancel his or her account, and come back in say, 9 months to a year, in the hope that the game will be properly fleshed out by then, will your old character, ships, etc... still be there to be used again?

This has sort of become my plan, because the game currently has run out of things to hold my interest.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-18-2010, 02:49 PM
They cannot guarantee that everything will still be there but I have as of yet to come across a MMO that has deleted old accounts. So odds are yes they will still be there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Can I haz ur stuff?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypoCop
Can I haz ur stuff?
no but youz can haz cheezburgerz?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
no but youz can haz cheezburgerz?
Hmm, cheezburgerz! Yum!

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/366...2155d125f8.jpg

(And to the OP: I think that your character(s) and items will be fine. If I remember correctly, they've said they don't delete lapsed account info. Now, I'm not 100% sure about it, but I think your people and things should still be there if/when you come back.)
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzPig_EL View Post
If one were to cancel his or her account, and come back in say, 9 months to a year, in the hope that the game will be properly fleshed out by then, will your old character, ships, etc... still be there to be used again?

This has sort of become my plan, because the game currently has run out of things to hold my interest.

Well, that depends on everyone else if they all jump ship at the same time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amonaug
They cannot guarantee that everything will still be there but I have as of yet to come across a MMO that has deleted old accounts. So odds are yes they will still be there.
FFXI apparently deletes accounts after 3 months. But yeah, MMOs don't promise to keep the data, but almost all do it anyway. The money they make from returning players is (supposedly, and it makes sense) far above what they have to pay to store the data, and I for one, will never go back to FFXI because they deleted my old character.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypoCop
Can I haz ur stuff?
The guy is planning on coming back. I don't understand your logic.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amonaug
Interestingly enough, I resubbed to Champions Online today and subsequently cancelled it at the same time (just to check the game out for a month). I read the Q/A thing on the side when I was cancelling the sub and one of the questions was what the OP brought up. They pretty much flat out stated that they garuantee my characters would be there if I ever decided to pick my account back up again.

That was Champions Online, but since both are managed by Cryptic, I want to say the policy is the same. I haven't cut my sub yet for here, so I can't say for sure. But rest assured OP, I don't know of a single MMO that actually deletes it's cancelled accounts or characters associated with them.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-18-2010, 06:29 PM
I have yet to see a MMO company to ever delete accounts unless violations came into the equation. Simply put, they want to give you, the player, the ability to comeback at a later time without losing said progress, as a incentive.

So sure, Check back with us later this year or beginning of next.

I would ask for your stuff, but since you might come back, I wont.

Peace