Lt. Commander
The Crystal Entity Mission needs reballancing IMHO. People keep telling others not to destroy any crystal fragments because that heals the entity. But there´s always somebody destroying fragments....even one single destroyed fragment is enough to defeat a big amount of progess that has been made. The healing rate of the creature per destroyed fragment is much to high and should be decreased...please.

I´ve been playing this mission for over 4 hours so far....please decrease the healing rate. As it is now...the mission is pretty much unsoveable most of the time (you can only win it if you´re very lucky and there´s really no one shooting fragments).

Comments appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyE View Post
The Crystal Entity Mission needs reballancing IMHO. People keep telling others not to destroy any crystal fragments because that heals the entity. But there´s always somebody destroying fragments....even one single destroyed fragment is enough to defeat a big amount of progess that has been made. The healing rate of the creature per destroyed fragment is much to high and should be decreased...please.

I´ve been playing this mission for over 4 hours so far....please decrease the healing rate. As it is now...the mission is pretty much unsoveable most of the time (you can only win it if you´re very lucky and there´s really no one shooting fragments).

Comments appreciated.
Pretty much everything you just stated is incorrect. Balance doesn't appear to be the issue here, but rather a lack of understanding of how the encounter works. I think what this encounter really needs is to have it's instructional dialogue tweaked to be more clear, although from the things I hear other players saying I can't help but get the impression that most people have never bothered to press that OPS button for more information to begin with.

Here's a guide for the Crystalline Entity encounter:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=148543
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-18-2010, 09:07 AM
you may have a point there
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Great guide by the way. I think the phases should be explained in the OPS-text....maybe that would help. The current OPS-text really comes across as "what ever you do...dont shoot fragments"...right now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Actually, all the OPS briefing says is that..

"..this entity appears to launch shards when provoked." Which is true. It will release a fragment whenever it's fired upon.

"..some of the shards will shatter. When this happens, the fragments can return to the entity and assist in its regeneration." This is also true. The key word being "some". Some of the shards will shatter - the Large Crystalline Fragments, for example, will shatter if they collide with an object. And the Small Crystalline Fragments (which are the result of the Large Crystalline Fragments shattering from a collision) will return to the entity and heal it for 1% of its health.

"..recommend that we don't allow it to use these fragments to rebuild itself." Also excellent advice. But what it means is to blow the Small Crystalline Fragments out of the sky before they can return to the entity.

Somehow people read that and come away thinking "don't shoot the shards". I'm not sure if it's a problem with the instructions or the fact that someone in the zone is inevitably shout-spamming "don't shoot the (colorful string of swearing here) shards!" while players attempt to read the OPS instructions.