Lt. Commander
# 11
04-18-2010, 07:22 PM
This will never be "your" Star Trek. It's a warzone. None of this "Klingon vessel, this is Captain James T. Kirk of the USS Enterprise, care to beam on over for a round of drinks and a game of Dabo?"
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBeerLolz View Post
Just mail me your stuff thanks.

10/charrssssssss
Lt. Commander
I'm especially amused by those posters who talk about the futility of our rant and how we should be more "constructive"...

As if a heart-felt and civilized e-mail to Cryptic, that pointed out our substantive dissatisfaction would make any difference to anything whatsoever.

You can take your snide, condescending attitude and shove it up your plasma vent.

This game was mortally flawed from the get-go, and there is no saving it.

We did, in fact autor several very constructive dispatches, but of course, Cryptic had already decided to cram the Star Trek IP in to their ill-performing and dated engine, and on that basic premise, nothing good could possibly come of it.

Darn shame, but there you have it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-18-2010, 07:41 PM
I love these kind of posts they amuse me
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-18-2010, 07:43 PM
I remember that post by IndigoFyre (did I spell that right?) when he locked an "I Quit" thread.

He wondered how an "I Quit" thread could reach page 18.

My best guess: The forum mods mostly just watch the "reported posts" page. Nothing horribly wrong with that, I suppose. Forums are generally wretched hives of scum and villainy (lol SW reference) and I can't fault anyone for not reading. It's pretty depressing, and I have the option of ignoring it cuz none is paying me to moderate anything.

But more relevantly: that meant that noone disagreed or cared enough to report a single post in the thread, for 18 pages. And that a mod hadn't noticed the thread, either. That seems to be happening more frequently now, and I have a couple personal theories as to why.

I dunno, draw your own conclusions as to exactly what might cause that.

(Well, why noone reports, anyway. No clue as to why they don't refresh pages 1-3 occasionally.)
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-18-2010, 07:44 PM
It's plasma exhaust
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_K7
I'm especially amused by those posters who talk about the futility of our rant and how we should be more "constructive"...

As if a heart-felt and civilized e-mail to Cryptic, that pointed out our substantive dissatisfaction would make any difference to anything whatsoever.

You can take your snide, condescending attitude and shove it up your plasma vent.

This game was mortally flawed from the get-go, and there is no saving it.

We did, in fact autor several very constructive dispatches, but of course, Cryptic had already decided to cram the Star Trek IP in to their ill-performing and dated engine, and on that basic premise, nothing good could possibly come of it.

Darn shame, but there you have it.

Sadly for you, apparently there are people who like the game and are willing to wait as they add more to the game. They are improving the game and are being diligent about listening tot he community. To say this game isn't the star trek game you wanted is fine, but you offer only speculation. Honestly, I can't say I am sorry that your friend isn't here.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Quote:
I remember that post by IndigoFyre (did I spell that right?) when he locked an "I Quit" thread.

He wondered how an "I Quit" thread could reach page 18.

My best guess: The forum mods mostly just watch the "reported posts" page. Nothing horribly wrong with that, I suppose. Forums are generally wretched hives of scum and villainy (lol SW reference) and I can't fault anyone for not reading. It's pretty depressing, and I have the option of ignoring it cuz none is paying me to moderate anything.

But more relevantly: that meant that noone disagreed or cared enough to report a single post in the thread, for 18 pages. And that a mod hadn't noticed the thread, either. That seems to be happening more frequently now, and I have a couple personal theories as to why.

I dunno, draw your own conclusions as to exactly what might cause that.

(Well, why noone reports, anyway. No clue as to why they don't refresh pages 1-3 occasionally.)
Theory, sure.

It was during non-normal office hours when most americans aren't even at work or are mostly asleep, the majority of the thread.

AKA Australian Prime Time

Add to that the rate and speed at which people were posting was far beyond that of a hot topic. Go figure.

It was not due to lack of report, is due to time of thread and rate of posters on said thread. As soon as a mod was awake enough to read reports and forums, it was shut down.

Try to be a little more objective, for whenever I see your avatar, your usually posting something to twist a point into a "games going down" way, even when that's not the reason why.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Dude, I love my GIANT PHASER BAZOOKA. It keeps me alive from EVERYONE ELSE TRYING TO KILL ME! XD
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-18-2010, 08:22 PM
And knowing is half the battle. Go Joe!
Closed Thread