Lt. Commander
# 21
04-18-2010, 07:27 PM
In response to the thread title because I didn't care to read the rest: Yes, you are the only ones. The ****ed off will always be more vocal than the extremely satisfied. For every ticked off soul in this forum, there is probably at least ten content users who don't mess around with forums.

If you don't like it, don't play it and quit trolling.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_K7
I'm especially amused by those posters who talk about the futility of our rant and how we should be more "constructive"...

As if a heart-felt and civilized e-mail to Cryptic, that pointed out our substantive dissatisfaction would make any difference to anything whatsoever.

You can take your snide, condescending attitude and shove it up your plasma vent.

This game was mortally flawed from the get-go, and there is no saving it.

We did, in fact autor several very constructive dispatches, but of course, Cryptic had already decided to cram the Star Trek IP in to their ill-performing and dated engine, and on that basic premise, nothing good could possibly come of it.

Darn shame, but there you have it.
Well said, you gotta laugh at these fanbois who just post to derail and flame. They think they look cool or smart but in reality they look downright stupid and dumb, pretty much like the folks who were still partying when the Titanic sank .
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Your post is subjective. YOU think this game is bad. I DO NOT. YOU think Cryptic sucks. I DO NOT.

So yes, you are the only ones.

Now...is the game flawed....YES. It needs improvement. It needs a whole lot of improvement. A good 6 months to a year. However, Cryptic has been moving at a very rapid rate to get some content out to people. Some end content raids, new costumes, new emotes, Klingon content. I'm happy to say that in a year this game will indeed be a whole lot better.

Compared to other games out there, I like this the best. I played WOW for years and can't stomach it anymore; played *** and got bored; EVE, not interested in sitting around doing nothing to skill up; WAR, same as *** and WOW; Champions, no my type of game; Mass Effect 2, doesn't interest me.

You quit, I'll play and we'll both be happier for it. Later.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Quote:
This senseless violence will never hold the attention of a real Trekkie, and the Star Trek aspect will probably only make it less appealing to other gamers who have far better titles to chose from.
This is actually a very good point.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-18-2010, 07:55 PM
You guys need to get over the 'every ounce of criticism is an ounce of trolling'. You have to remember that this is the Star Trek community, and Trekkers are beholding of the original IP. There are gonna be those of us who are very upset by the direction Cryptic took in the way they produced this game purely because we hold onto the vision of GR's paradigm, and those of us who think it's great to 'pew pew' in a Defiant class ship. Either way constructive criticism is the way to advance this, not just ad hominem attacks.

Lt. Commander
# 26
04-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebort5050 View Post
I agree. Cryptic are a **** poor studio and STO is terrible.

The only reason I'm still here is because they would not refund my years subscription.

I fill the time I would be playing STO by visiting practically every forum I come across and telling people how bad the game is, I also make sure my sig warns people off sto.
I could flame you

but knowing you have a year long sub to a game you hate, which btw will make the game better for those of us who DO like it just beats any words I could manage.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-18-2010, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonez
You guys need to get over the 'every ounce of criticism is an ounce of trolling'. You have to remember that this is the Star Trek community, and Trekkers are beholding of the original IP. There are gonna be those of us who are very upset by the direction Cryptic took in the way they produced this game purely because we hold onto the vision of GR's paradigm, and those of us who think it's great to 'pew pew' in a Defiant class ship. Either way constructive criticism is the way to advance this, not just ad hominem attacks
I agree whole heartedly. There is no real reason to personally denagrate anyone over their opinions about a game and an IP that they love.
The very vitriol they spew is coming straight from the heart that loves Trek. I can understand the OP's frustration, I still don't get some people's reaction to it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Quote:

Way back when on the forums we said that the Star Trek IP is weak as a shooter. It's bland, kind of boring. It has no chainsaws, very few zombies, and not much for explosives. Ship battle is generally slow and strategy based, And there is not a variety of weaponry. THIS WAS INTENTIONAL. Star Trek is not a shoot 'em up. So what happened, is that by attempting to appeal to BOTH the Star Trek audience AND the MMO customer, they have made a boring game. A boring game that is nothing like Star Trek.

I like your posting !!! Especially the red-marked one...

You are speaking out of my and many other hearts...badly for you, they were mostly gone until now and so you got only silly answers on your well-thought post from the rest...

All those posters with stupid, nonsaying answers should reflect, why so less subs are left from the up to 1,5 Million selled copies??

Who are in the right? the few, which are still here...or the masses who have left??
And why they have left?

And all what you could do, is flaming guys also with wellthought postings!! Okay, when you flame troll posts or rage postings...but also the ones with good points? Written from people, who participated on this debate much longer than most others??... really, shame on some part of this community
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-18-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm starting a petition to get giant phaser bazookas!

Also, I believe it was Star Trek: Voyager Elite Force that many people point to as a star trek FPS. In fact its a very good FPS. And guess what? They had portable photon torpedo LAUNCHERS. I want one!
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
In response to the thread title because I didn't care to read the rest: Yes, you are the only ones. The ****ed off will always be more vocal than the extremely satisfied. For every ticked off soul in this forum, there is probably at least ten content users who don't mess around with forums.

If you don't like it, don't play it and quit trolling.
Are you just insane??? Where in their posting, are they trolling??? The only trolling is yours on that topic, to not read what they writing but still answer to them... *headshaking*

And as everyone could see on the records with the subs going down more every months, it doesnt seem to me, that they are the only ones... maybe the only ones, who are still here... but only for that reason, that all the others were gone long before

Conclusion: a little more constructive feedback on constructive threads would be much better than senseless flaming...isnt it?
Closed Thread