Lt. Commander
# 11
04-19-2010, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
Man you really do come up with some in depth stuff........................I like it.......but will they even consider doing it?
Well, they based a lot of the content for Season 2 off the results of the survey, and bridge combat was one of they highest rated ideas on the survey. Who knows, we may just see it.

They did say in a recent interview that they were considering letting us be on our ships while traveling through sector space, but they needed to work out a way to not destroy the online component in the process, which is why I added a feature to this idea to allow being on the ship without being isolated from other players.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-19-2010, 02:09 AM
I have no problem seeing it added,but i dont think its a priority in any way. if its incredibly time consuming and complex then i say leave it on the back burner until more important things are added.
still not sure how practical it will be, but it would add some immersion value if done well

if it is done well and its practical to the point where you really can control your ship in sector space and combat just as well as you can know then it would be nice to see it in action
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Keep the votes coming.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Come on everyone. The idea had a 29% majority vote in the first Cryptic poll. There has got to be more support for the idea than this.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Any more support?
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-20-2010, 10:46 AM
I love it Shikimaru.

My added suggestion is that they put together an option to allow the players to designate a crew uniform. It always erks me to see random crew people in starfleet A-1 when my bridge officers are rocking Nemesis style with the quilted shoulders. Its not that big a deal right now but as soon as we get some real bridge (and other on-board) functionality it will really start bugging me.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-20-2010, 10:55 AM
I give this thread two thumbs up!! The more functionality the better in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duganson
I love it Shikimaru.

My added suggestion is that they put together an option to allow the players to designate a crew uniform. It always erks me to see random crew people in starfleet A-1 when my bridge officers are rocking Nemesis style with the quilted shoulders. Its not that big a deal right now but as soon as we get some real bridge (and other on-board) functionality it will really start bugging me.
Added. The Crew Uniform and the ability to save boff stations are both very much needed for immersions sake.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Personally, I don't like the idea of controlling my ship from the bridge. Or at least in combat. Combat is way to fast paced and I like the camera angles as they are to help deal with combat. I think combat from the bridge would ruin situational awareness to the point of degrading combat ability.

Now, if it was optional or maybe just limited to sector space then I guess I would be ok with it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Oh yeah, it would definitely be optional. That's why I have that piece of additional tech on there that would be needed to keep your ship showing up for others out in space. Even if they can't manage combat, I would at the very least like to see the idea I proposed for sector space travel.