Lt. Commander
# 1 PVP is one sided.... I think
04-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Ok I know that there has probably been a million posts about this before but I cannot find one. Is it me or is The klingon ships in PVP at RA level waaay stronger than Fed ones? Seems a little one sided. I PVPed all the way up to RA and it seemed even, then RA hit and seems way one sided.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Using Science, Engineering and Tactical combinations you can fleet win against certain PvE situations. When that same system meets fleet/ pick primary/ one shot zerg/ next primary/ one shot zerg PvP it falls apart.

When an MMO manages to commit to a PvP line of mechanics and a PvE line of mechanics and mesh the two together at the resource level, this wont be a problem. Untill that happens it will always be OP'ed for PvE or unbalanced and gimped for PvP.

PvP line of ships here, built with resources from crafting, combined with PvE. You cant use your PvP ships to power farm PvE and you dont have to use your PvE ships to get mutilated in unbalanced PvP.

I dont know if this is the company to fix this or not. Its not exclusive to this game either way.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Jury is still out
04-18-2010, 10:30 PM
I cant speak throughly for space pvp yet as ive played only one side.But i can speak for ground pvp.If you are configured for space,your going to get rolled by the two characters ive created who are specced for ground pvp.Ive tested both sides.Both sides ive managed to consistantly score in the top three ALL THE TIME.On the fed side it just seems there is a lack of will to pvp since i constantly score NUMBER ONE all the time all the way up to captain so far.I can solo anyone except a science officer on the fed side.The same as ive said for the klnk side.Ive even played without tribble buffs to see if i can score the highest and still did.
As far as space goes,the feds have no trouble taking me out.One on one depends on your BO config.Just like ground pvp how you specc your character will affect how you will perform.By far one of the better PvP games in an MMO setting to date.

If any of the devs have doubts,test it.They will probably come to the same conclusion i have.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-19-2010, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanRosco View Post
Ok I know that there has probably been a million posts about this before but I cannot find one. Is it me or is The klingon ships in PVP at RA level waaay stronger than Fed ones? Seems a little one sided. I PVPed all the way up to RA and it seemed even, then RA hit and seems way one sided.
I think that there is a greater relative percentage of Klingons operating in fleets (or who are at least very well co-ordinated) as there are so much fewew of them to start with.

Co-ordination wins for Klingons most of the time rather than OP. A co-ordinated Fed fleet with voice comms can win as often as they loose against Klinks in my experience.