Lt. Commander
As far as I'm aware General B'vat is a key NPC in the stoyline (Up until LT.COM at least)

So why is it then that I have killed him twice in exploration missions?

Anybody else notice this? He's not even that tough :p
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-19-2010, 05:53 AM
I think General B'Vat shares the same skin as the Dahar Master, or one of the high lvl Klingon NPC baddies.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-19-2010, 06:28 AM
I think I fought him in an explore mission. The group was something like...

1xGeneral B'Vat
1xDahar Master
1xMunition Officer
2xSwordmaster
1xregular klink

It was pretty terrible. The general and the master would double team, and 2 shot my officers. Not a pleasant time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-19-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseus View Post
I think I fought him in an explore mission. The group was something like...

1xGeneral B'Vat
1xDahar Master
1xMunition Officer
2xSwordmaster
1xregular klink

It was pretty terrible. The general and the master would double team, and 2 shot my officers. Not a pleasant time.
This is it, or at leat as similar to the setup as I can remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeLegate
I think General B'Vat shares the same skin as the Dahar Master, or one of the high lvl Klingon NPC baddies.
It wasn't jus the skin he was actually called General B'vat.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-19-2010, 01:53 PM
That sounds like a bug. I'll escalate this to our systems team.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-19-2010, 02:53 PM
I've had him randomly spawn too -

He dies just like his cohorts in the end so no big deal to me.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
The same thing happens with Praetor Taris of the Romulans for what it's worth. I suspect there's others.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-20-2010, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
While your at it can you tell them to use a different template other than the Memory Aplha one for every single (or more or less) exploration mission where you have to beam down to a base.

Seriously having the interior of Memory Alpha on an asteroid facility is just dumb, why not just use one of the already existing templates for asteroid facilities instead?

It seems that you cannot run through exploration missions without running into bugs, I would highly reccomend you have the QA team test the hell out of this engine of yours.

Where there are no graphical bugs there are spelling mistakes, words put in where they shouldn't be, Non existent Bridge officers talking.

The view of the planets from space rarely match the planet on the ground, I've beamed down to suns that are 50 percent water and temperate on the surface.

The geometry created by this engine of yours is appailing, its full of holes and areas were the displacement simply hasn't worked properly, Objects appear in the ground, including NPC's, textures from the walls of some buildings are plainly missing and are transparent.

Quite frankly the Genesis engine is a joke and you should be ashamed to have released it in its current state.

Figured I'd get some more use out of this thread, all this stuff I have posted numerous times before and has gone unnoticed so I'm not overly optimistic that it will get any attention here either, but while the thread is on the first page.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-20-2010, 03:58 AM
I've also run into B'Vat a couple of times as well as Praetor Taris on asteroid bases...
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-21-2010, 04:02 AM
I had the "beaming down on a sun" happen to me too.