Lt. Commander
Good day,

Been out of the forums as of late. I thought I'd get back into things with a few simple things. Tell me if it's been all hashed out before.

First of all, am I the only one who get's annoyed when my ground turning keys (A, D) auto changing to strife keys when I target someone. I already have two strife keys, y would I need two additional ones?

Second, camera auto follow for space combat. I LOVE it when my cam follows my target, but I prefer my target to be in the center of the screen, not on the outskirts where I can barely see him.

Finally, dialogs. It does get frustrating when I'm running around somewhere else and a team mate initiates a dialog, making it pop up on my screen. And depending on how many team mates talk to the same guy, you have to exit multiple times. Also, when you ARE trying to read something, and everyone and their mother (NPC's) start attacking you and your dead before you get to read the story.

Questions/Comments/Concerns?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-20-2010, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryGuy View Post

Finally, dialogs. It does get frustrating when I'm running around somewhere else and a team mate initiates a dialog, making it pop up on my screen. And depending on how many team mates talk to the same guy, you have to exit multiple times. Also, when you ARE trying to read something, and everyone and their mother (NPC's) start attacking you and your dead before you get to read the story.
dialog boxes suck in general,

CRYPTIC do what you love and nerf them
Lt. Commander
# 3 Camera Follow
04-21-2010, 07:21 AM
I can't STAND how the turn keys switch to strafe when you target someone on the ground. I've found the best way to deal with it is to just hit C and use the camera crouch mode.

Love the follow target function in space.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkie7979 View Post
I can't STAND how the turn keys switch to strafe when you target someone on the ground. I've found the best way to deal with it is to just hit C and use the camera crouch mode.
I've been handling it by turning off "crouch zoom mode" and turning on "camera follow target". This way I'm not so confined by the camera and my back is always facing the camera, so I know which way to strafe. Kinda lessens the need to turn, but doesn't solve the problem fully. Crouching does help a lot as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-21-2010, 09:28 PM
I switch the binds, so A & D are always strafe anyways. Never use Q & E, because why would I want to turn by keyboard, when I can do that with the mouse?

There is a thread about dialog pop ups, somewhere out there. It may have only addressed space pop ups though.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Never use Q & E, because why would I want to turn by keyboard, when I can do that with the mouse?
Mouse?? ewww, y use the mouse when I have a keyboard I dont use the mouse for nething, it's all keys for me Weapons on the right, movement on the left.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-07-2010, 09:11 AM
When this game began i had an annoyance at the movement system in that when i targeted an enemy i would strafe instead of turn. I got used to it and learned how to move about using that system. Since the 1.1 update....when i have someone targeted and go to move...it barely does anything....doesnt turn or strafe unless im pushing my forward key as well. I would like to see it return to the way it was before the 1.1 update.