Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
Is there a chance anyone could take a peek at the Crystalline Fragments in the Crystalline Entity encounter?

Here's the potential problem: Whenever I use the "Tractor Beam" ability on Crystalline Fragments, the tractor beam effect is locked onto something far to the side of the Crystalline Fragment rather than the fragment itself, as if the model for the fragment is off-center. Since these crystalline fragments cause severe hull damage when they collide with player ships by coming within 1 kilometer of them, if the fragment model is off-center I'm concerned that some of the collisions that have been occuring happen because the fragment is misrepresenting its actual position in 3D space. Because the Tractor Beam effect seems to think that the center of the fragment model is quite a bit over from where the actual mode appears to be. So which position is actually correct?

The image in this link, which was taken at significant risk to my vessel :p, show the problem more clearly:

Link: Crystalline Fragment graphical issue

It has occurred to me that this may simply be a problem with the tractor beam effect, however I've only seen this problem when using it on Crystalline Fragments so far. I'm also not sure if it affects Large Crystalline Fragments and Small Crystalline Fragments in addition to the normal Crystalline Fragments.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-27-2010, 02:57 PM
File a bug ticket on that. Might just be an art bug, but could indicate the Crystalline Fragments will collide incorrectly.

Dave
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-30-2010, 11:56 AM
I discovered a similar (possibly related?) graphical problem when performing anomaly scans. See bug 841,387.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devast8tor View Post
I discovered a similar (possibly related?) graphical problem when performing anomaly scans. See bug 841,387.
I believe what you're talking about is the issue where the anomaly scan graphics are pointing towards coordinates 0,0,0 on the map. That bug was introduced with the April 29th patch, although it had been reported several times on the test server to the point where a developer commented on our efforts to point the issue out. Despite obviously being aware of it, the bug still went through to the live severs.

This problem with the Crystalline Fragment model is an older bug and a different issue entirely.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-30-2010, 02:19 PM
Ahh... thanks for the clarification. I haven't been able to test anything on Tribble since the Season 1 release.