Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
PvP in its current format is a flop, and I believe that in it's current format that it is not working.

Why? Never enough Klingon players online to finish missions.

PvP should be that you verse all Star Trek Universe Characters, not just Fed's Vs Klingon's.

They should have it as:-
Vulcan Vs Ferengi or Klingon's Vs Terran's or even Klingon's Vs Klingon's.

The problem should not be rectified by having player vs NCP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-20-2010, 06:54 AM
Yeah, You're right.
It's annoying that the klingons have ALL THE ADVANTADGES in PvP: where is the cloak for the tacticals?
Why devoloping the 4 major races in star trek and don't make them available to the players?
Why having to fight Cardassians, Borgs and Romulans if you can't do PvP with them, like the klingons? I mean: You fight Klingons as a Fed and you fight Feds as a Klingon, but you fight also cardassians and romulans...... why they shouldn't be playable as factions, with their own ship classes, ranks, missions and territories?
Also, the PvP queues are useless and meanless: why you can't engage an enemy player directly, like the NPCs in the blocks accessible to fed players?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-20-2010, 07:56 AM
You don't need Klingons to finish your PVP missions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4 true..
04-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
You don't need Klingons to finish your PVP missions.
And this is the reason there are no KDF players. Since a FED player has to "join the darkside", the current KDF base is what you will more than likely have for the lifespan of the game. As one FED migrates, one KDF player leaves.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpino2 View Post
Yeah, You're right.
It's annoying that the klingons have ALL THE ADVANTADGES in PvP: where is the cloak for the tacticals?
Why devoloping the 4 major races in star trek and don't make them available to the players?
Why having to fight Cardassians, Borgs and Romulans if you can't do PvP with them, like the klingons? I mean: You fight Klingons as a Fed and you fight Feds as a Klingon, but you fight also cardassians and romulans...... why they shouldn't be playable as factions, with their own ship classes, ranks, missions and territories?
Also, the PvP queues are useless and meanless: why you can't engage an enemy player directly, like the NPCs in the blocks accessible to fed players?
I'm wondering why you believe the Federation should have cloaks?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpino2 View Post
Yeah, You're right.
It's annoying that the klingons have ALL THE ADVANTADGES in PvP: where is the cloak for the tacticals?
Why devoloping the 4 major races in star trek and don't make them available to the players?
Why having to fight Cardassians, Borgs and Romulans if you can't do PvP with them, like the klingons? I mean: You fight Klingons as a Fed and you fight Feds as a Klingon, but you fight also cardassians and romulans...... why they shouldn't be playable as factions, with their own ship classes, ranks, missions and territories?
Also, the PvP queues are useless and meanless: why you can't engage an enemy player directly, like the NPCs in the blocks accessible to fed players?
yawn cry more
the fact is klingons dont have all the advantages in pvp they just have a cloak
it is NOT an i win butten
its people like you who want to solo everything and if a better player kills you you cry and whine and beg for a nerf.
truth be told ive been seeing an influx of noobs on the klingon side. who are all fighting leke feds not bieng able to co ordinate attacks or heal. the fact is teamwork is required and when you zoom off trying to solo things your gonna die
likewise if the crusers in your group are selfish with the heals your probbly all gonna die
a good group of feds can beet a good group of klingons because of all the advantages the fed ships have
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyewrenchi
PvP in its current format is a flop, and I believe that in it's current format that it is not working.
I'm starting to believe that this thread is a flop and in it's current format isn't working.

-10 points
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason151 View Post
a good group of feds can beet a good group of klingons because of all the advantages the fed ships have
By all the advantages you mean ......

- Their inability to mount DC/DHC on anything but escorts ?
- Their lack of counters to cloak ?
- Their ship's lesser agility compared to Klingon's
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrelle
By all the advantages you mean ......

- Their inability to mount DC/DHC on anything but escorts ?
- Their lack of counters to cloak ?
- Their ship's lesser agility compared to Klingon's
sensor scan is a fine cloak detector
what about there incresed hull and shields?
escorts are meant to be the dps types,.. u dont see manny people with cannons on klingon crusers even tho they can equip them if u want cannons for crusers use turrets (whic i infact do) or single cannons with the 180 arc

less qq more ltp
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-20-2010, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason151 View Post
sensor scan is a fine cloak detector
what about there incresed hull and shields?
escorts are meant to be the dps types,.. u dont see manny people with cannons on klingon crusers even tho they can equip them if u want cannons for crusers use turrets (whic i infact do) or single cannons with the 180 arc

less qq more ltp
I hate to agree with such a hostile post but, I agree.

Nose to nose, toe to toe, feds are going to come out on top.
As for maneuvering my T4 escort flies rings around BoPs.
Cannons on a lumbering cruiser is just not a good idea, maybe fun for a gimmick but not if we are trying to compare max/min against max/min.
When playing FvF and FvK PvP matches I really notice how much tougher feds are than klingons.

So Xolia? Why do klingons win?
1) The cloak is a huge advantage in cracked planet. I no longer do that match with my fed because of that.
2) I honestly think the average klingon player is a better PvPer than the average fed player. I think they spend more time max/min their ships and character builds.

And in the commander bracket, I am not sure why, but when I was a commander I think I won maybe 2 matches out of the countless I have played. And my friend Bipsie is a commander right now and she is in the same boat. The klingon damage in commander is just outrageous and I am not sure why.

The upcoming changes to VM/SNB and DR from shield power are going to really hurt the klingon sci/BoP insta gank crews. I have a feeling its going to be a little more diverse after the patch.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:29 PM.