Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason151 View Post
sensor scan is a fine cloak detector
much in the same way that not all klingons fly birds of prey, not all feds are science officers. currently the skills that i heard of that "counter" cloak are : sensor scan, charged particle burst, gravity well, vent warp plasma, and supposedly fire on my mark (a note about it was mentioned for tribble ages ago but i never heard of it being implemented in holodeck). of all those skills listed, only sensor scan and charged particle burst can be used as a pre-emptive ability; while everything else is either reactionary at best, or will only catch an idiot off guard (vent warp plasma).

so yes, cloak is a bigger advantage than you make it out to be. i agree that its not an end all be all ability, but with the ability to better plan out your mode of attack, and with people getting smarter with maxing out burst dps, the only way a fed will survive an engagement with a cloaked player would be to have a finger hovering over the RSP key, and from then on its a matter of "whose burst dps is higher?"
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason151 View Post
sensor scan is a fine cloak detector p
As a science class player who pvp alot, this quote got me laughing so hard, I almost pee my pant
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkjag View Post
As a science class player who pvp alot, this quote got me laughing so hard, I almost pee my pant
i dunno what your talking about, my fleets science ships catch people in cloak all the time. If you want an even stronger scan, throw up aux to 100 and get an engineer to put the eps transfer skill on you.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkjag View Post
I've caught a few BoP's out with sensor scan. Maybe your not using it right :p

It's worth noting that Jason151 said Fine cloak detector, not omg awesomesauce win Win WIN! cloak detector.

As for the rest of it. Get aligned with a good pvp fleet, get some skill, get a chat client like teamspeak or vent and you'll be surprised on how fun it is to PvP against klingons. And once you get good you'll be hard to beat. Most games my fleet and I have played vs klingons we've either won or been 1 or 2 points from winning. Either way its a hell of a lot of fun.

I believe that most of the complains are due to playing with PUG's and since the feddies are more commonly the choice of new players its not uncommon to get relatively newbie (not to be mistaken for nub) players at all levels of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-21-2010, 03:28 AM
If you are using sensor scan JUST to try and find cloaked ships, then you should be taken to the nearest airlock and shot. Sensor scan is one of the biggest resistence debuff in the game (for me its currently -58% all dmg resistence to target).

Anything that falls in its range is debuffed for 30secs. A well organized team can easily focus fire 1-2 targets at that time.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-21-2010, 03:34 AM
Great Idea. There are hardly 5 klingon BGs left, so just add 4 more fractions without content wich nobody ever plays.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-21-2010, 04:05 AM
The main issue for me in PvP is: its horrible fast. In 5 vs 5 battles the situations is "solved" pretty fast. Respawn points are bad located. Fights are done in few seconds. All you can do is, hit few buttons as fast you can and watch who died. Reaction time to things are very fast or you die soonish.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-21-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyewrenchi
PvP in its current format is a flop, and I believe that in it's current format that it is not working.

Why? Never enough Klingon players online to finish missions.
Unless you're playing in an alternate dimension where everybody plays as a Fed, you're mistaken. I've never had problems finding Klingons to shoot at (playing from the UK).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyewrenchi
PvP should be that you verse all Star Trek Universe Characters, not just Fed's Vs Klingon's.

They should have it as:-
Vulcan Vs Ferengi or Klingon's Vs Terran's or even Klingon's Vs Klingon's.

The problem should not be rectified by having player vs NCP.
How many times have you seen Vulcans running around shooting at anybody? Even if they did, are you going to balance every faction and every ship so that they do not have any major advantage over each other? If you want to shoot everything and anything, maybe EvE Online would be better for you since that game has unrestricted space.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-21-2010, 06:38 AM
I'm KdF, Raptor, BG5...

Let me see, where are ALL my advantages are...

Cloak - useless in Salvage, works pretty well in the other maps, to deliver devastating alpha strike, still get send to the junkyard, if the feddies play as team.

Weapons, let me see.. fed has access to the same base weapons then I do, but wait.. there arn't much
KdF BG's left, I can't do any of the special force task thing'ies, where Feddies get all there nice rare equipment.
Same counts btw also for all other equipment as well -> advantage Federation.

And yes, we DO have the advantage in PvP, because PvP is all we CAN do. Ships, skills, equip, playstyle
is all optimized for PvP and we want our rounds to be fast over to get to the next round, because this is the
way for us to level up. How we do this, it is called TEAM WORK - seems to be a foreign concept to the
majority of the so called Federation players, but this is a different story.

Quite sure there will be a nerv for team work on KdF coming quite soon as well... maybe, no more team chat for us? Ventrilo / TS / Skype used by KdF results in ban? Or maybe we change the rules of engagement to
5 Fed vs. 1 KdF

And yes, there are plenty of post like this on the board, how FOTOM KdF is and I'm quite frankly can't hear it anymore and was so free to leave some steam in this whinging post - sorry
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickiGraus View Post
Cloak - useless in Salvage, works pretty well in the other maps, to deliver devastating alpha strike, still get send to the junkyard, if the feddies play as team.
the alpha strike is devestating if the opponent can't counter it. On the otherhand if you invest to heavily into that initial burst and fail to bring support (and the feds survive the strike) then your in extremely hot water and fighting a downhill fight.

this is the typical and generally fatal error of the klingon faction: assuming that the enemy won't survive the alpha strike.

other than that though, klinks are fine. if anything cryptic needs to buff player IQ on both sides. seriously.