Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I have done KA twice and both times failed to beat it due to game stopping bugs. first time one my team mates got stuck in a rail in the console room. so he did /stuck and it said "can not use /stuck here" so he then did /killme and it told him to use /stuck. wow, thats helpful. so he then beamed out and when he tried to join us it put in him the space section. not on the ground with the rest of the group, no it put him in the space section. he filed a GM help report and the GM told him to drop the quest and re-take it. really? first off I highly doubt that would fix the problem, secondly it takes 24 hours before he could re-take it. good work GM!

the next day we tried again and oh yay we are ALL now back in space. it apparently did not care we already beat that part (note that none of us dropped the quest from the previous day). but we push on determined to beat the raid! well hours later the console stops popping up with the symbols to enter to take down the shields and we still had 3 power nodes to go. this time we all file a GM help report and then wait around for a hour and... NOTHING. apparently no one works on a monday? maybe they just cant be bothered to help us out because it would require actual work not just a copy/paste response.

if you can't tell I'm frustrated that after all the time and effort i put in to this thing i continue to run in to bug after bug. I know the normal response to this sort of post is "whats your bug number?" well after all the crap I went though I just can't be bothered to look it up. Also my self and my team would like our marks of valor and purples now for dealing with the giant pile of junk that is this raid.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-20-2010, 08:40 AM
I'm very disappointed at the GM generic response to handle the situation! This by far is the worst sub based MMO for customer service, even LOTRO as crappy as it is has a GM that will actually respond to you live in game and fix the issue on the spot within usually 30min or sooner.

I would think with as many known issues they would take the KA STF offline until the issues are resolved instead of trying to push out another STF while the previous one is broke.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Yeah, they add new content and its broken all to heck, DO NOT try to do KA unless you wanna waste your entire night just to get to the half way point or more and it just breaks on you. Im and deeply disgusted not only with the KA, but they way Cryptics GM's handle it, they ignore you until you log out then they reply to your ticket, and what do the morons tell you, they say this is going to happen and that the only way to fix it is to DROP the mission and take it back from the person that gave it to you. Well when you take the Infected,Cure or KA they give you the cool down, therefore if you drop it then you have to wait for the cooldown to go away to get it back, and by doing so that makes the 3 hours you spent on the mission already a total EPIC FAILURE waste of time, all just to be able to say HEY we beat the KA too, oh and as for a daily, its truly an epic failure since you dont get to get the 5 marks of valor for doing it, which means you wasted even more of your time and dont get the Valors for doing anything. And if it serves me correct the whole purpose of doign KA is to have FUN and get the marks, so if you were lucky enough to do Infected,Cure and KA in one day you should be able to earn 15 valors a day. Instead you spend all the time trying to do KA, then get bashed because it breaks, so then who has the time to start a new one lol, then for Cryptic to tell us that the GM's cat fix it, or cant help you in the instance is just crazy, WHO makes a game where they have IN GAME GM;s that cant do anything. As far as I am concerned the GM's at this point are just a total waste of space and are getting a paycheck for NOTHING.... Oh and by the way HAVE a GREAT day all my fellow Sto'ers, all except Cryptic and its GM's I hope you are working your butts off and have to work overtime!...
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-20-2010, 05:57 PM
I got a reply back from the GM:
"We have refiled your ticket as a bug report on your behalf. While we understand you would like us to be able to resolve your issue quickly, some issues require further development from departments outside our control and cannot be resolved by a GM. Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible. To help us provide the highest quality service to our players, please use the "Report a Bug" button in the Help and Support menu, rather than "Request GM Help", when reporting possible bugs that may not require immediate intervention by a GM. "

cannot be resolved by a GM? are you fracking kidding me? they cant step forward a mission that's bugged? what the hell is the point of a GM that cant do ANYTHING? that surly must be some sort of cruel joke. I highly doubt your GMs cant do that. it also was interesting to see that they replied about 5 minutes after I logged off which is over a hour after i sent it. coincident? doubt it. so tell me devs are your GMs that lazy that they will avoid replying to us while we are online and then just say "we cant fix it"? the customer support in this game is laughable if i wasn't so frustrated.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-20-2010, 06:21 PM
2 lessons that may help you progress:

1. soft reset the instance by spawning node borg and wiping your group

2. the railing glitch is the same bad map making which enabled the infected shield exploits by 'rolling' through where the gameworld floor and railing intersect. look downwards and roll backwards. If that does not work drag a spawn to him and he should respawn normally at the entrance.

3. Like the nodes in infected players can get behind the shield in the khitomer accord when doing the nodes. To prevent your instance from bugging out, put a melee fighter crouched inside the shield. If the shield raises despite the node being destroyed your characters presence inside the structure will still trigger the node as completed. Roll out of the shield, laugh at Cryptic and continue on.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-20-2010, 06:26 PM
There are many good reasons for us not to step in when a mission is broken. Sometimes it is technical, sometimes it is not, and at all times we need to make sure nothing breaks. In the case of Khitomer Accord STF, I have not been able to design a safe and workable GM resolution for when the mission breaks. I really wish there were one, because quite frankly the situation here is terrible, but in this case our abilities are limited. I'd love to be all powerful and be able to fix everything without breaking the game, but sometimes that's just not possible.

Right now, a fix for this bug is on Tribble and being tested. After the build is verified to be stable and the fixes are verified to be working, it can make it to Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana
There are many good reasons for us not to step in when a mission is broken. Sometimes it is technical, sometimes it is not, and at all times we need to make sure nothing breaks. In the case of Khitomer Accord STF, I have not been able to design a safe and workable GM resolution for when the mission breaks. I really wish there were one, because quite frankly the situation here is terrible, but in this case our abilities are limited. I'd love to be all powerful and be able to fix everything without breaking the game, but sometimes that's just not possible.

Right now, a fix for this bug is on Tribble and being tested. After the build is verified to be stable and the fixes are verified to be working, it can make it to Holodeck.

GM's honestly need Cryptic STO team to code two common industry tools:

Zone reset

Group teleport
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana
quite frankly the situation here is terrible
so you admit that the situation is terrible but yet you leave the raid running in its broken state? why so other people can waste 8 hours to find out how broken it is? you don't even apologize for the broken state of the mission or the total lack of GM support. I would ask if you would reward players who are screwed over by this like you did for the PVP glitch but, because only a small % of the population can do KA it wont effect enough players for you to bother saying "sorry".
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Not only is it embarrassing that the GM's come back and say yes we know its broken and sayb that the fix is on tribble, however if there is a fix on tribble that means that it is for sure broken on the live side so shut the dang thing down instead of making us the "CUSTOMERS" waste our time doing it and not getting anything out of it period, it an epic failure and total waste of time when you go do something, it cannot complete and on top of it you dont get the rewards from it because of its broken state which means now we cant purchse the high level stuff because of it....Something needs to be done to compensate us/ MAKE us happy, because if this continues then there is no reason to continue to play the game.....!
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-21-2010, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger
I have done KA twice and both times failed to beat it due to game stopping bugs. first time one my team mates got stuck in a rail in the console room. so he did /stuck and it said "can not use /stuck here" so he then did /killme and it told him to use /stuck. wow, thats helpful. so he then beamed out and when he tried to join us it put in him the space section.
Ouch.

For whatever it's worth, my group hit the same stuck-in-a-rail problem. Our solution/workaround for the bugged player was to Ctrl-Alt-Del, start Task Manager, kill the STO process, have another character move close to the railing, restart STO and log on. The affected toon re-appeared by the railing, no longer stuck, automatically re-joined the group and we could proceed normally with the mission.

I suppose I should append a warning or a disclaimer: the method above may lead to game file corruption. Then again, 2 players out of 5 hit a crash-to-desktop "Ooops" during a mission transition anyway; maybe it's some rogue borg code which wants to break free, or an attempt to divide by singularity.

Speaking of bugs and mission transitions... between the two last space stages of the mission, it's possible to cancel or close the dialogs in a way that gets the player stuck with no way to proceed to the next stage. Fortunately, we were again able to resolve this by aborting the mission, returning to space, disbanding and reforming our group and continuing the mission. This returned us to the beginning of Part Three, Act One, which we cleared and successfully proceeded to Act Two.

Forgive me for re-stating the obvious here, but the STF bugs are especially problematic because
- a single bug (like getting stuck in a railing) can spoil the game experience for a group of 5 people,
- the missions are long and can feel tedious: getting stuck after 3 hours of playing, not because of something the player did, but because of something the game did (or failed to do), is especially aggravating,
- automated ticket responses like "Have you tried turning your ship off and on again?" don't really help

May I suggest a few possible workarounds or solutions?
- Add more checkpoints to missions. In case of a game-breaking bug, the group could safely abort the mission, re-enter at an earlier stage, and lose no more than, say, 30 minutes of gameplay.Since the missions are long, this would also allow for Real Life emergencies, "Ooops, I have GF aggro, can we continue this same time tomorrow?" Or make the "return to the previous checkpoint" ability a team vote and give it a cooldown so it can't be abused.

- Make it possible for the Game Masters to better interact with the mission structure, allowing them to help the players with mission oddities such as quest NPCs running away or missing, players getting stuck in the map, players being unable to initiate an area transition dialog etc. I won't mind waiting for a while for a GM to fix a problem, as long as the response times are reasonable. I won't mind getting told "We're sorry, we're a bit busy here right now, might take us 20 mins to get to your case, would you like to hold on?", as long as there is communication and a feeling that the players ARE being helped.

- Compile a list of Things You Can Do If You're Stuck, where you state the "approved" things players can try to resolve the situation on their own in these kinds of situations.