Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-21-2010, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana
There are many good reasons for us not to step in when a mission is broken. Sometimes it is technical, sometimes it is not, and at all times we need to make sure nothing breaks. In the case of Khitomer Accord STF, I have not been able to design a safe and workable GM resolution for when the mission breaks. I really wish there were one, because quite frankly the situation here is terrible, but in this case our abilities are limited. I'd love to be all powerful and be able to fix everything without breaking the game, but sometimes that's just not possible.

Right now, a fix for this bug is on Tribble and being tested. After the build is verified to be stable and the fixes are verified to be working, it can make it to Holodeck.
Can I make a suggestion in this case - so that we don't keep ending up like this? Can the STFs actually be coded with some GM tools in place from the start to help players when something doesn't work. The ability to soft-reset instances, re-spawn NPCs or mark specific STF objectives complete so that if a section of the mission bugs out the team can move on to the next objective.

A similar thing happened to a group of us running The Cure a few weeks back. The last last NPC was missing and despite the last Boss fight being completed, we could not complete the STF because we were being asked to "Speak to Ja'Rod" who was no longer there.

We requested GM support to help us mark the mission as complete or respawn the missing NPC and we got no response. The tickets were filed as Bug Reports - THE END. It had taken us hours to get to that point and I find it increasingly unacceptable that we are expected to dedicate huge amounts of our time finding teams and running this content only to have that time be completely wasted.

Its not fun. Its not acceptable. Its not what we paid for. Noone minds running across day to day bugs and glitches. But we do mind when that repeatedly means you've totally wasted your Sunday afternoons for absolutely nothing.

So you don't currently have GM tools. Right, so lets make some!
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-21-2010, 09:37 AM
I wasted about half a day trying to complete KA. wow was i ****ed. that about sums up my experience.

EDIT: wow, you guys sensor the word ****ed? is that because you think it's naughty (if you're a 4 year old perhaps), or because everone's always ****ed? (to those wondering, think urine)
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Too all of you who have tried to complete KA, we truly feel your pain...as of the rest of you if you havent tried yet, DONT youll just be wasting your time until they fix the problems with it..
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-22-2010, 03:50 PM
how is it that these raids are not designed so that a GM can step in and progress them when they get stuck? is it poor planning or did the designers seriously think that nothing would ever go wrong with their raids?
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-23-2010, 05:53 PM
the puzzle room respawning after you finish the 6 generator puzzle adds a good hour to this already absurdly long ground mission

tone down borg damage, or increase my ability to heal
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-23-2010, 06:11 PM
I've never had a problem with KA. Did it in 1:50 last night. As for the beaming out and the instance resetting, no need to blow fuses...just bug it.

Remember, if you're old enough to use these forums, you're old enough to not throw hissy fits.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Checked the patch notes and did not see ANYTHING about a fix for KA. the GM post earlier in this thread said the fix is on tribble, so did that not go to live or was it left out of the patch notes?
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-30-2010, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger
Checked the patch notes and did not see ANYTHING about a fix for KA. the GM post earlier in this thread said the fix is on tribble, so did that not go to live or was it left out of the patch notes?
The patch notes are huge. If you look carefully, you can find this in the "Missions and Environments" section of the patch notes:

Quote:
Fixed a problem during the Khitomer Accord STF where players would not be able to drop shields on the power nodes, thereby halting progress.
Good luck with your next run.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-10-2010, 02:17 PM
the 2nd part of khitomer does need something doing to it, we had someone drop out which meant we had to do the space section all over again,also the section upto the generators the bit we was on.
we all decided to log off and go on another game

an idea would be to start the 2nd section from the ground like all other STF's not sure why this one was done differently