Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
If you are a klingon thats beenon the forums and playing for a while you know what I'm on about here.
Just kill the forums instead of pretending you give a flying $%% about what is said here.

I'm just the latest in a long line of klingons that has emailed, posted, coalesed info and more to try and get something out of the Devs and all we get is silence.

Don't waste your time posting here, its pointless.
Go post about something Non-Klingon, it will save you immense frustration
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Dear developers.

I guess this thread is a very good prove for the fact the situation is kind of escalating.
I mean, the "transparency" and the "comunicating" with users- policy you boastet with either doesnt exist or just doesnt extist for Klingon players. Everybody here is ****ed and the "jokes" about just 5 Klingon players left are abaout to become real. On a worldwide server there arent even enough players of the pvp-fraction to actually start a pvp match at prime times.

The OP is kind of right, wich is a sad think, i mean you could even remove the Klingon fraction completly from the game because... it looks over.
I really liked that for a while and planed to stay on the game, but honestly, i probably wont buy another game card.
Im not interestet enough in the fed side to pay the money and the klingon side, believe it or not... is done.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-15-2010, 01:36 PM
stop crying, im waiting for season 2 before i start to *****, and i bought a life-time
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Typical of the we want it and we want it now mentality. Game came out WAY too early due to IP issues basically void of any Kilingon content. Honestly the game in the current state should be Fed only b/c what the Kilngon's have is a joke. But if it were released with just Fed content there would be even more furious players. But the game is out and it's been out a total of 2.5 months. The Fed side is lacking end game content (and other content), the Kling side is lacking all content but the dev team can only work on X things at once. Gotta wait until season two AT LEAST. The mark for when the game should have been released is more like February 2011. Maybe then they'll have the content you want.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Read the "klingon Gameplay" area and you will find out that the problem is NOT only the lack of content, its the simply fact that the devs, althogh they braged with thinks like "user comunication" and so on DO NOT RESPOND TO THE QUESTIONS HERE IN THIS FORUM.

And, I already statet it, at last the fact that fed ground combat got improvements with season one and the Klingon not, although its just copy and paste (something the devs are very good at) to include it for us, and that fact is uncommtet after A MONTH althouugh a lot of people complained about it is evidence enough that they do not even try.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-15-2010, 04:09 PM
There are several forum moderators whose primary job is to READ the forums and report information to the Devs - am I wrong? Devs will give their response in the form of *actual* changes - not trying to appeal to your whining. And ummm...Devs play Klingons too? They're not ignoring it but they have a huge load of work so give them a break. You see frequent Dev responses for bugs. Not peoples' "I want things to be a certain way" threads. It's good to see they have their priorities straight.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-15-2010, 04:31 PM
The devs reading the Klingon forums are myth , much like the Yeti, Bigfoot and Klingon PvE and future content. This forum will never be closed down , because they don't venture here.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8 ???
04-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Sooo many sheep, and so outspoken... here is the box [ ] not THINK out of it!!!!

If you say, " we pride ourselves in the communication between players and devs ", players will expect this, and rightfully so.

If you say, " X, Y, Z, will be features in the game " , players will expect this to be so, 100% of the time, w/ 100% uptime.

If you neglect a player base, because saying nothing, and not doing anything to address the major concerns, is neglect, players will be QUITE unhappy.

Stating to check Tribble, wait until S1, or L2P, or w/e crap decides to spew from your mouth, not even bothering to understand the scope of the issue, well, I ignore thee. All that does is propogate the ignorance of the community.

What's not understood, is that we paid good money to play as KDF. What wasn't told to the players, was that the content would crap, copy/paste code, etc. It is, in no way balanced for rewards, effort, gains, or anything for that matter. That is root of the problem. Want a nice purple Mk VIII split beam? Be Fed's it's a quest reward, but don't expect to get one w/out shelling out some serious cash as KDF.

How about a double proc % weapon? Fed gets one, KDF does not. How about +5 to all subsystems engines? Again Fed, not KDF. What they want, is to be on equal terms in all areas, short of ships, save a science ship. Also, the new nerfs/buffs, really hurt KDF players, and science captains. Bad enough what happened last time, but this is getting beyond funny.

Also, check out the content that's given to Fed vs KDF, all KDF is getting, is copy/paste code, that they don't want, and doesn't work. Keep in mind, EVERYTHING for KDF is on cooldowns, questwise. (Some are 1x a day, for barely any XP, and we take a HUGE XP nerf past level 4 of each rank, get no xp for any mission that doesn't have enemies in it, and that's even if the mission loads properly.

KDF is deemed, " OP " , which it's not. The OP part about KDF, is that we level w/ PvP, we don't dabble in it.
Usually we are grouped, use tactics, and try to focus at least 2-3 ships on 1 target at a time, priming certain types. Fed does not. That is why they get rolled so badly. I've watched fed after fed, high impules into 5km of the KDF ships, and be the only one there. It was like watching lemmings jump off a cliff.

I'd like to note, it's not about " we get cannons on everything!!! FBP is nothing to you!!! " , that's pure crap.
Beyond T3, Cruisers don't carry cannons, or if they do, it's 1x fore. BoP's may have 1x DB, for TSS, same w/ raptors. Carrier, well that's anything but a 90 degree or less arc. If they say, " Carrier is OP " obviously they never flew one. BC = OP, or BoP = OP, Cloak = OP.. NONE of that is true. They give up things, such as hull, BO powers, etc and no ship has +shields pre-T5, and that's just so we can cloak.

I'm sick of all the sheep telling the sheppards they are wrong. Instead, it's veal time, and you're on the menu. That's me stating, stop thinking of things in terms of , " me " , and instead ot scope and magnitude of the changes, lack of changes, quality of "updates" , and so on. THEN you start seeing why KDF are calling it quits.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Read the "klingon Gameplay" area and you will find out that the problem is NOT only the lack of content, its the simply fact that the devs, althogh they braged with thinks like "user comunication" and so on DO NOT RESPOND TO THE QUESTIONS HERE IN THIS FORUM.
I am not referring to you but given the high proportion of childish nerd rage, lolspeak gibberish and insults that get posted, they would have to be masochists to hang on every word that gets posted here.

The devs do respond when they have something useful to say. Should they do more? Yes they probably should, but given how often people just throw their toys out of the pram, if I was in their position I would be temped to think I have better uses for my time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icenica
If you are a klingon thats beenon the forums and playing for a while you know what I'm on about here.
Just kill the forums instead of pretending you give a flying $%% about what is said here.

I'm just the latest in a long line of klingons that has emailed, posted, coalesed info and more to try and get something out of the Devs and all we get is silence.

Don't waste your time posting here, its pointless.
Go post about something Non-Klingon, it will save you immense frustration
Please, if you can read through your emmense tears, then please:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
Trust me, we'll continue to add PvE. I'm a die hard Klingon player and I'm constantly on the EP to add more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
And eventually, I want to get open PvP zones. Believe me, the CEO and I LOVE the pvp and want nothing more than to get there, but there's a lot of features people want. Trying to do the best we can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
So to shed a little light on why you're not seeing new content NOW:

What you guys are seeing in now is stuff that was being worked on during open beta and in the few weeks after launch.

The art team had more time during this period because of what we call "art freeze." Their work for launch had to be done early so that it could be loaded on the discs and you wouldn't have a massive patch when you installed the game.

The content team wasn't frozen -- it was working on issues up until launch and after, so we didn't have much time for "new." But we weren't going to send the artists home to watch Spongebob for six weeks, so they worked on making new ships and a lot of the art heavy things you see now in Season 1.

Post launch, one of my big tasks was writing stories for the Klingon star clusters, because that was something we wanted to get in as soon as possible. Now that the clusters are live, *and* the content designers have some more time for new Episodes, *and* we've freed up some of the artists and systems designers to make new and awesome art and villians, we can work on things that we've been wanting to do and you've been wanting to see -- like Klingon Episodes.

This is what was on the FIRST page. Before you cry about things, might want to read the forums, you say the Devs don't read...

Ironic isn't it?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:06 AM.