Lt. Commander
# 11
04-25-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm laying bets on New Castle United winning the Stanley Cup or what ever it is that the NBA awards at the end of the tournaments.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-25-2010, 07:17 PM
^^^

I lol'd

Also, I love the part in the fake Cleveland tourist video on Youtube when it says "our economy is based on LeBron James."
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-25-2010, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshign
I'm laying bets on New Castle United winning the Stanley Cup or what ever it is that the NBA awards at the end of the tournaments.
That was good. Judging from my attempt to bring some NBA playoff action to Ten Forward, I think I'm finely starting to understand the word " NEARD " as in all of you.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Hey man...nerd is the new black

Also, I know people who are just as "nerdy" about sports as I am about Sci-fi, philosophy, current issues, pie, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeChet
Hey man...nerd is the new black

Also, I know people who are just as "nerdy" about sports as I am about Sci-fi, philosophy, current issues, pie, etc.
I agree, I am interested in everything. The key to life is balance and relativity. But I am surprised to find that there are no NBA fan's in Ten Forward.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-26-2010, 05:13 AM
I'm an NBA fan...Minnesota Timberwolves here. Although, I'm more casual now that Garnett moved to Boston. I never really liked the Lakers all that much, even though Phil Jackson and I are alumni of the same university. Hey, pop quiz...how did the Lakers get their name?
Lt. Commander
# 17 Boo Lakers!!!
04-26-2010, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa Holly
I worked as a Cavs radio employee in high school. They were good to me.
Wanted to be a laker girl cheerleader as a child, and that propelled me to be a cheerleader as I got older. There were way less cool things about being a cheerleader at a catholic school than probably a laker girl.

Since I was born and spent 7 years of my life in Southern Cali, I'm a Lakers fan.
I've lived in Ohio for 20+ years, and followed the cavs games with my dad, we'd go and watch them together at the coliesium and stuff. I'm the only one of the three kids (I have 2 younger brothers) that had an interest in basketball.

I would love for Phil J to bring home another ring, because he's AWESOME.
Plus, I like the lakers because James Worthy played a Klingon on Next Gen.

So yeah, I try to catch games, but I usually only watch 1 hour of tv a week, maybe 2 if I get really lucky. So I'm not watching as many games as I used to.

GO SUNS!! STEVE NASH MVP!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-26-2010, 05:26 AM
What's NBA? lol

some of us ain't yanks, ya know...
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-26-2010, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
What's NBA? lol

some of us ain't yanks, ya know...
NBA: National Basketball Association

Here are some other sports acronyms for you.
NFL: National Football League
MLB: Major League Baseball
NHL: National Hockey League
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-26-2010, 07:02 AM
I'm a huge NBA fan!

Remember that game last whenever there was a game where Andre Agassi stole third base, but then the second baseman laid the ball up to him so he spiked it over the net into the endzone?! That was awesome!

But then they went into overtime and the boss battle against the Joker started. Intense.