Lt. Commander
# 1 Structured PvP Ladders
04-20-2010, 08:44 PM
The best way I see for building on the future of PvP is getting involved in a well structured and organized ladder with leagues and tournaments. The first pc game ladder community that came to mind for me was TWL so I made a post suggesting they add STO to their collection of PC Game Ladders.

Please post your support or add anything you feel I missed, or ideas you have to the TWL post so the admin's over there can see geniune interest and support from our community:

http://www.teamwarfare.com/forums/sh...71&forumid=661

If anyone knows of other PC Game ladder community's, lets approach them about getting an STO league setup or if it come's down to it, create one of our own. Help/suggestions/critisicms are all welcome.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Meh Teamwarfare - probably my least favorite ladder site on the internet.

Also an external ranking system rarely ever works.

Sorry to sound pessimistic.

I would like to push for them to add something in game even if it's generic and basic for now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-21-2010, 12:46 PM
I've already posted a suggestion for a leaderboard system within STO. Check it out below in my signature.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rael_Anshak
The best way I see for building on the future of PvP is getting involved in a well structured and organized ladder with leagues and tournaments. The first pc game ladder community that came to mind for me was TWL so I made a post suggesting they add STO to their collection of PC Game Ladders.

Please post your support or add anything you feel I missed, or ideas you have to the TWL post so the admin's over there can see geniune interest and support from our community:

http://www.teamwarfare.com/forums/sh...71&forumid=661

If anyone knows of other PC Game ladder community's, lets approach them about getting an STO league setup or if it come's down to it, create one of our own. Help/suggestions/critisicms are all welcome.
This crap is stupid. WoW ruined this for me. Stop suggesting this trash.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Only PVP system that will work is the one **** had. Put that in. NO solo title though.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakotay317
Only PVP system that will work is the one **** had. Put that in. NO solo title though.
I never played **** but I heard a lot of good things about it.

I had the first level 40 (and first RR40) Squig Herder on Praag Open RvR back in the day.

How did that system compare to Warhammer.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-23-2010, 01:44 PM
There was no ranking system in ****.
Just realm ranks.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
How did that system compare to Warhammer.
Overromanticized. I played that thing for over a year and all their 3-way RvR system did was magnify the effects of population imbalances and encourage clumps of people to push back and forth endlessly between spawn points.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-23-2010, 02:15 PM
There was a really good culture of 8man groups vs 8man groups on euro servers. And thats the best part of my live in gaming.