Lt. Commander
Just remove the DP from the "standard" mission settings(like we have on live now). If someone chooses to use the difficulty slider and increase the mission difficulty, THEN let the DP apply. I have no problem with the DP myself, but its obvious that some do. This solves the problem, and its a simple solution.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-21-2010, 12:42 PM
I say we should have to pay for our ships, lose it you buy it...
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Just remove the DP from the "standard" mission settings(like we have on live now). If someone chooses to use the difficulty slider and increase the mission difficulty, THEN let the DP apply. I have no problem with the DP myself, but its obvious that some do. This solves the problem, and its a simple solution.
I'm confused

Everything I have seen up till recently has said tha the DP will be optional.

Is it now confirmed as not optional? Are you able to direct me to the info on this?

Cheers!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkornn
Wow, yeah - thats SO Trek! Love it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Oberion
I'm confused

Is it now confirmed as not optional? Are you able to direct me to the info on this?

Cheers!
For any reasonable definition of "optional" it's optional. For people hung up on terminology and labels, it's mildly not optional a little.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkornn
No No No. We shouldn't have to buy a new ship.

We should have to wait for 3 years while it is being virtually built in the shipyards.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
but I don't want to play on a higher difficulty setting, i'm fine on normal, I do want a death penalty though.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
but I don't want to play on a higher difficulty setting, i'm fine on normal, I do want a death penalty though.
Well I hate to break it to you, but the "normal" penalty is so mild you wont even notice it. However, some people are still upset even about that, if you can believe it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Oberion
I'm confused

Cheers!
Go try it yourself on Tribble. Its being tested, and no its not optional.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Well I hate to break it to you, but the "normal" penalty is so mild you wont even notice it. However, some people are still upset even about that, if you can believe it.
don't worry, you don't need to break anything to me, I already know, unlike most people I actually tested it on tribble.