Lt. Commander
# 11
04-21-2010, 02:25 PM
i would just like clarification on one thing for anybody that knows. does the dp apply to fleet actions and deep space encounters?
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i would just like clarification on one thing for anybody that knows. does the dp apply to fleet actions and deep space encounters?
Nope......
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
don't worry, you don't need to break anything to me, I already know, unlike most people I actually tested it on tribble.
Your last post doesnt make much sense then, since you should know that there already isnt a real DP at the standard setting.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-21-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkornn
Nope......
then im fine with it. those are the places most people die, through no fault of their own, from bad spawning points

i hardly ever die in pve story or patrol missions so ill never even know the dp is there on normal, nor will most people

ill probably go in for the medium difficulty and see how that plays
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Just remove the DP from the "standard" mission settings(like we have on live now). If someone chooses to use the difficulty slider and increase the mission difficulty, THEN let the DP apply. I have no problem with the DP myself, but its obvious that some do. This solves the problem, and its a simple solution.
and this is what a lot of us have been saying now for 100+ pages in the mega thread.....
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-21-2010, 03:18 PM
There will be drops that will cure an injury. So consumables will be used and sold instead of paying to get fixed up. But, it would make more sense for the cost to be related to tour rank, not the type of injury.

That is a mistake IMO. Each rank should have a different cost for the same injury. At low levels, new players will not have as much credits to pay for a repare. At high levels, the cost will be trivial unless you die constantly.

But the injury system is actually a good one. It should have been in at launch. The game is in desperate need of some kind of money sink. This is a begining.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Just remove the DP from the "standard" mission settings(like we have on live now). If someone chooses to use the difficulty slider and increase the mission difficulty, THEN let the DP apply. I have no problem with the DP myself, but its obvious that some do. This solves the problem, and its a simple solution.
This is what I was under the assumption on how it was setup. Shame it isnt like that for the casuals. I personally look forward to Elite nectorness(Yes, its my word).
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
The normal level DP does apply to deep space encounters. My friend receive 2 minor dp's in DSE's last night.

The difficulty slider does not affect DSE's so the enemies won't be tougher and the rewards won't be better.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-21-2010, 03:41 PM

# 20
04-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
but I don't want to play on a higher difficulty setting, i'm fine on normal, I do want a death penalty though.
And I don't want to deal with the annoyance of this DP but I don't want NPCs to roll over and die, so neither of us get what we want.

Wonderful system.