Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon pvp
04-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Greetings everyone,

maybe i am doing something wrong but it seems like it takes 45 minutes just to get in a pvp match. I queue up an everything..Help please...i have even tried different queues..
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Lieutenant level PVP is rather scarce; Federation players just got out of the tutorial and fresh players most likely don't have PVP on their mind-- and if they do, they're more likely to be discouraged by the heavy fire power of your Bird of Prey in comparison to their clunker Light Cruisers; likely ill equipped and with poor BO choices.

More seasoned players are just as likely to skip that tier of PVP entirely. You have to reach LT6 before you can even queue up, and that's over half of the entire tier gone. Spending time to earn medals for gear that will be outclassed and replaced in just a handful of levels isn't something most people are interested in. I'd say most people interested in PVP at that level are just going to grind out PVE missions to reach Lieutenant Commander quicker, where they get real ships and have an entire tier worth of levels to collect adequate equipment, and have plenty of skill points to spend on Bridge Officer powers.

Long story short... queue up and do what you can PVP-wise, but focus your time and attention on grinding out the PvE missions. It's only 5 levels worth of stuff and will go fairly quickly, and when you reach Lieutenant Commander, there will be more opposition PVP-wise.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toskala
Greetings everyone,

maybe i am doing something wrong but it seems like it takes 45 minutes just to get in a pvp match. I queue up an everything..Help please...i have even tried different queues..
T1 to T3 pvp is very scarce at the moment - sadly you are going to have a very difficult time leveling via PVP and you can't expect much from the PVE since its like playing russian roulette atm. Check back in a week, and I'll let you know how T4 is doing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Are you trying ground and space, KvF and KvK?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-19-2010, 08:15 PM
currently i am LT8...i agree that i will just have to grind out till i reach LTC. I have been trying KvK for the house battle quests..
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Sad to hear lower tier PvP is practically non-existent. When the game came out, alot of us KDF players levelled purely by PvP. There wasn't a shortage of matches, since the Feds were keen on trying to get in also. Granted, the Feds waited extremely long since there's so many of them and so few Klingons, but for Klingons, PvP was never in short supply.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Welcome to the Empire. It picks up a little bit each tier, though it will be scarce untill you hit T5. The grind is slow PvE wise but unfourtianately its about all you can do.

A little off topic what is in the background of your avatar?? It looks like an butt cheaksLOL
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray10 View Post
Welcome to the Empire. It picks up a little bit each tier, though it will be scarce untill you hit T5. The grind is slow PvE wise but unfourtianately its about all you can do.

A little off topic what is in the background of your avatar?? It looks like an butt cheaksLOL
once you hit t5 you have arrived at the green pastures, the golden palace, the never ending all you can eat chinese buffet. bear with the sometimes staggered qeues until you reach t5. It makes victory all the more sweeter.
Lt. Commander
# 9 meh
04-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Depends on what times you're trying to do it too.
T1-4, is about dead by 10/11pm EST, and even T5 seems dead after midnight EST.

I have found a few matches on T5 late nights / early mornings, but mainly it tends to be a PvE grind, until 3pm EST. Of course, then you have to deal with Feds only really queuing up for Cap'N Hold, or Ground, since cloak is negated for the most part or it's ground combat.

It does pick up, in a few spots, but by no means will you level as fast as Fed's do, from PvE. It took me from S1 release, about 3 wks to hit BG5. (it's a lil less, but it's a safe avg)
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-19-2010, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray10 View Post

LOL..been thinking about changing my avatar..its suppose to be a door with the klingon symbol in the middle..I think i have something better..

I am just doing to nebula exploration missions..are there any other mission suggestions that would help me level faster...also how can i dismiss BO's