Lt. Commander
# 31
04-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericajoanne View Post
I'm actually typically flat. You should here my plastic one. That thing is so flat that I have a shortened barrel and it STILL is flat. You seriously have to take off the bell to get it in tune lol. My Buffet on the other hand *sighs lovingly* is always in tune.
Haha, it's not like the bell is necessary really. Ahhhh I miss playing my clarinet every day. I remember once we started this awesome multi-section dance party in the stands and I guess I must have cork-greased my upper section too much because as I was doing a wave like dance it flew off and almost clocked a flute girl in the face.

and marching...I miss that the most...well....Macy's Day Parade sucked but everything else was great.
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaSamurai
Haha, it's not like the bell is necessary really. Ahhhh I miss playing my clarinet every day. I remember once we started this awesome multi-section dance party in the stands and I guess I must have cork-greased my upper section too much because as I was doing a wave like dance it flew off and almost clocked a flute girl in the face.

and marching...I miss that the most...well....Macy's Day Parade sucked but everything else was great.
Ahh we ALWAYS danced in the stands. The clarinet section had our own special dance. Aww, now I'm getting nostalgic. lol.
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Ahh we ALWAYS danced in the stands. The clarinet section had our own special dance. Aww, now I'm getting nostalgic. lol.
My favorite dance was "stirring the pot" where I would mimic a large stirring motion with my clarinet. Those were indeed the good days. I remember taking pride in the fact that I was kneeling in the watery mud doing a horn-pop while everyone else was half-assing it lol.

On the bus to away games and on trips we'd see how many people we could pile into one seat, so we'd always have these massive band-geek dog-piles lol.

In concert season we'd wad up pieces of paper and make a game out of throwing them in the bass clarinetist's bell. Whoever could get the most paper balls in his bell without him noticing won lol.

Yeahhhhh I just got nostalgic too.
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
OMG marching band flashbacks (clarinet too except my one year of flag corps)
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Quote:
You can't start using the word "nostalgic" until you are 35, young lady!
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornithorhynchus
OMG marching band flashbacks (clarinet too except my one year of flag corps)
Hahaha yes!

You=Awesome

Lt. Commander
# 37
04-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaSamurai
On the bus to away games and on trips we'd see how many people we could pile into one seat, so we'd always have these massive band-geek dog-piles lol.
Ohh man, bus rides. Now those were some good times. All I'll say is those stereotypes about band kids are completely true. hahaha.
Lt. Commander
# 38
04-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Tunafishpastries? Really???
Lt. Commander
# 39
04-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Yeahhh... I was like 14 when I did made up that name lol.
Lt. Commander
# 40
04-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Ohh man, bus rides. Now those were some good times. All I'll say is those stereotypes about band kids are completely true. hahaha.
I uhhhh.....ummm....know exactly what you mean......all too well....all too well. I'm pretty sure I made baby jesus cry many times on the band bus