Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
(I mistakenly posted this in the Tribble bug forum first. Just want to see if I get the same solutions before i try any of them)

Hi,

I hope someone can help me solve this problem.

For some reason, My RA5 character is getting the wrong stats on some equipment when I mouse over it. I first noticed it when I was looking at the MK IX shields on my ship and it displayed stats for a commander level set of shields.

Today I realized that I was getting the same error on the stats for Purple items listed on any of the vendors.

11 days ago I submitted a bug ticket and got the standard form letter reply that the bug was noted, but no solution.

I installed the game with the beta client, and never actually installed it from the DVD that I purchased. So today I decided to uninstall the game and try a clean install from the DVD. Surprise surprise, it didn't fix a thing, I still get the same error.

So now I have to assume that is was one of the local files stored on my computer that are not actually deleted when the game is uninstalled.

Does anyone know what file would govern the item stat displays, and if renaming (or deleting) it will cause a corrected file to be recreated on my computer?

Thanks for any help.

DLS
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-22-2010, 04:43 PM
it is a known issue, but by any chance did you buy another ship after this one you are currently flying, if so you are experiancing the bug that displays the item stats that would be associated with that ship.

lets say you brought the sovereign and then later bought the shuttle, all of your items tooltips would show the stats that would apply to the shuttle, however even thought the tool tips are wrong the correct stats would still be applied to the ships you are currently flying.

i hope this is clear enough for you too, not meaning to sound offensive or anything like that, just been awake for way too long so not a lot of things i type are making too much sense to me atm.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpy89
it is a known issue, but by any chance did you buy another ship after this one you are currently flying, if so you are experiancing the bug that displays the item stats that would be associated with that ship.

lets say you brought the sovereign and then later bought the shuttle, all of your items tooltips would show the stats that would apply to the shuttle, however even thought the tool tips are wrong the correct stats would still be applied to the ships you are currently flying.

i hope this is clear enough for you too, not meaning to sound offensive or anything like that, just been awake for way too long so not a lot of things i type are making too much sense to me atm.
I have had those moments, so no, I did not think you where talking down.

I got rid of the runabout and I can now see the correct stats on the gear on my ships and in vendors.

Thanks for the help