Lt. Commander
# 21
04-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Actually, I had allways thought that if I did rule the world, I'd rather do it from the darkness and have no-one know who I am.

I mean ..what fun is there in being able to make up the rules if you can't get out and enjoy them?
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevan
Four words: The Saint DaevanStein Alliance.

I'd step down and give Raven control over the world, as I just can't be assed to do it myself. I'd take a position as her righthand man, with Hazard as the leader of her military. For the Emperor!

...Which begs the question. Slightly off topic here, so work with me. Raven, if you're the Empress of Ten-Forward, would that technically make your boyfriend the Emperor?
Nope. In traditional European royalty, the feminine is submissive to the masculine title. Thus the husband of the feminine title is of a lower rank, but with the honorific Consort.

Thus you had Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom (and all her other titles) and Prince Consort Philip.

Or you could have a strange situation like in Poland where you had a woman, Jadwiga, crowned King (the masculine) and her husband referred to as the King Consort.

Who else thinks it's strange that I knew about the royal families of Poland?

Oh right, what would I do as Ruler of the World.

1. For starters, I would establish such a strange and convoluted political authority system such that I would have control over everything and my underlings would constantly be moving against each other in vain hopes of achieving dominance.

Also in this stage we see opposition to my rule be brutally quenched. A ruthless fist now makes me seem all the more lenient later. Have all this done under a 'corrupt' bureaucrat, then have him executed.

2. Then I would force science to develop a method to make me immortal...in a robot body if need be.

3. Next comes education and economic reform. Earth has the resources, only problem is most of the world doesn't know how to properly access them. I will fix this.

4. Interplanetary colonization.

5. Profit.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Nope. In traditional European royalty, the feminine is submissive to the masculine title. Thus the husband of the feminine title is of a lower rank, but with the honorific Consort.

Thus you had Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom (and all her other titles) and Prince Consort Philip.

Or you could have a strange situation like in Poland where you had a woman, Jadwiga, crowned King (the masculine) and her husband referred to as the King Consort.

Who else thinks it's strange that I knew about the royal families of Poland?
I don't think it's strange. Of course, we had a Queen as President of the United States...and because people will probably not get the bilingual pun- Reagan is Queen in Irish.

As for ruling the world...I don't want to rule the world, it is a pain in the tuchas and more trouble that it is worth. I'd probably end up rounding up all the idiots and keep the strange people. I'd round up the idiots and shoot them out of a canon---into the sun.

If I wanted to rule a world- I'd find another world to rule and take all the 'cool' people with me.