Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I know this might not happen, but the Federation is at war with the Klingons, Gorn, Romulans and a whole bunch of other races. You would think that the Treaty of Algeron would be null and void in this timeline. So come on devs, what are you waiting for? An engraved invitation?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Uhmmm...... no.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-23-2010, 11:40 AM
I am able to surprise the Klingons with mask energy signature. I can't combat cloak, but...well...they really can't either...soooo
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-23-2010, 01:18 PM
I want to perform surgery on a torpedo and shove it up a BoP's tail pipe.

In All Good Things, the Enterprise had a cloaking device.

Janeway's shuttle in Endgame had a cloaking device.

All Good Things was an alternate universe, but Endgame wasn't. Endgame Janeway was from around the same time as STO, and her shuttle had a cloaking device..So it's possible that in STO's time period, the treaty has lapsed. But we don't really know.

I'm fine with not cloaking...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramp4ge View Post

All Good Things was an alternate universe, but Endgame wasn't. Endgame Janeway was from around the same time as STO, and her shuttle had a cloaking device..So it's possible that in STO's time period, the treaty has lapsed. But we don't really know.
When Janeway returned to the past and altered the past by getting the Voyager home sooner rather than later an alternate universe was created.

The universe Janeway created because she interfered with the past is not the universe that the Federation had a cloak in which she had come from.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-23-2010, 01:55 PM
But up until the point that she came back in time, it wasn't an alternate timeline, and the shuttle had a cloak.

Oh my God paradox 101..

But it really doesn't matter, because we didn't see the Rhode Island cloak. That really would've thrown us for a loop.

Speaking of the Rhode Island..Hey, Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramp4ge View Post
But up until the point that she came back in time, it wasn't an alternate timeline, and the shuttle had a cloak.

Oh my God paradox 101..

But it really doesn't matter, because we didn't see the Rhode Island cloak. That really would've thrown us for a loop.
Does the current background story of STO take place in the time line before Janeway returned or in the altered time line after Janeway returned? If on the path to 2409 by 2404 Feds never have a backstory that gives them the option to use the cloak; it would be safe to assume that we are in the alternate timeline.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guon Aniri
I am able to surprise the Klingons with mask energy signature. I can't combat cloak, but...well...they really can't either...soooo
mask energy signiture is the worst skill in the game, enemies can see you from 19km out regardless of anything that you can do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-23-2010, 04:29 PM
We don't really know if Janeway had anything to do with the shuttle having a cloak or not. Just because she took a cloaked shuttle back in time doesn't mean she invented the cloaked shuttle and that anything at all would change when she went back in time.

So the alternate universe cloaking shuttle may have been an ability the shuttles had/Federation ships had regardless of Janeway's interference with the timeline.

Bleh. Time. Who needs it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10 lol
04-23-2010, 05:01 PM
watch the season ending of voyager. the reason she is an admiral is because she invented technology and tactics to get her asr home. the shuttle, senatic device and the uber torpedoes.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:05 AM.