Lt. Commander
OK... so, I'm a fan of Mass Effect ever since I read about the first installment in the series. After finishing the first game which I managed to squeeze more than 80 hours out of I was extremely pleased to see my character was ported into Mass Effect II.

Going through Mass Effect II, I've systematically avoided the main quest as much as I could but still persuaded a bunch of characters to join my team, namely the DLC characters. One such character which was recently added, is Katsomi Goto, the thief.

Since every character comes with a background story of their own and a special "loyalty" mission to add flavor to the character and also allow the player to unlock some special extra-nifty stuff... I was excited to do that mission, but went in with lowered expectations because I know DLC missions will usually not measure up to the normal story-content.

I was... blown away!

The whole mission stars your character who gets to experience some very entertaining James Bond style moments. Talking up the Villain, Breaking and Entering, Fooling the Goons and a very fun End Boss Battle where the Villain is left utterly... shocked at your prowess, are all there! Even what should have been a very boring and tedious search-and-scan part is made entertaining through the responses the game throws at you whenever you scan the next object in the chain.

Since I played a female Shepard, the evening-wear my girl got was a tight black dress, and the Villain certainly was a lot less hostile towards her, I'm sure... which makes me wonder what it'd be like playing this with a male Shepard. Who would have guessed, a DLC package that would actually raise the replay value?

Anyway... I can only wish Cryptic would learn how to use their engine to tell their story-lines the way BioWare does! It'd be seriously fun if they did!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-23-2010, 10:58 AM
So did you show the Batarian Blue Suns recruiter your gun when he told you the striper recruiters were over there then?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Oooh, I adored ME1 and probably put 80 hours into it as well. I haven't picked up ME2 yet, though - I'm just getting started with STO and would never have time for both!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi_Parthenopaeus
So did you show the Batarian Blue Suns recruiter your gun when he told you the striper recruiters were over there then?
I honestly don't remember I might have used the "Paragon" method of persuasion though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alluria80
Oooh, I adored ME1 and probably put 80 hours into it as well. I haven't picked up ME2 yet, though - I'm just getting started with STO and would never have time for both!
Yeah, I dedicated quite a bit to STO, but then, at RA5, I found there's not much to do other than engage in activities that aren't really my cup of tea... at least not yet. So... ME2 it is.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
Yeah, I dedicated quite a bit to STO, but then, at RA5, I found there's not much to do other than engage in activities that aren't really my cup of tea... at least not yet. So... ME2 it is.
Well I'm ages away from RA5 so that's not an issue for me yet ... :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-28-2010, 02:40 AM
Thanks for your input! I loved ME1 and was going to pick up ME2 but I heard about STO so here I am instead. Someday I will definitely get a copy of ME2, though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-28-2010, 03:27 AM
ME1/2 are one of the best franchise out there,and now i can't wait for ME3and hope one of these days bioware create an ME online game,it could be a blast
Lt. Commander
# 8 Mass Effected
04-28-2010, 03:44 AM
Katsomi rocks. The new casual wear is also very cool. Those that only have Mass Effect seriously need to consider the sequel. It's leaps and bounds ahead of the original game, and the ending is... simply outstanding. Here's me in ME2, and the ME1 save for her is near the bottom of this page.

Oddly enough, this game is what dragged me into STO. After ME2, fantasy MMO stuff like Guild Wars just didn't seem have quite the same magic. I wanted to be in space. I managed to avoid having a U.S.S. Normandy, though. Wasn't quite that bestotted.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-28-2010, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
[font="Verdana"][color="Wheat"]OK... so, I'm a fan of Mass Effect ever since I read about the first installment in the series. After finishing the first game which I managed to squeeze more than 80 hours out of I was extremely pleased to see my character was ported into Mass Effect II.

Going through Mass Effect II, I've systematically avoided the main quest as much as I could but still persuaded a bunch of characters to join my team, namely the DLC characters. One such character which was recently added, is Katsomi Goto, the thief.
I feel like the loyality missions are the main quest. It certainly has some of the most interesting aspects of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-28-2010, 04:08 AM
i was blown away by ME2 recently with the romance plots. it was a hell of my own construction, on my first playthrough with a generic shepard i decided to try for tali (which was a major letdown, only reason i did was to see what her species actually looks like! ME3 better deliver! :p )

So on my second playthrough i went for jack, however my second playthrough was mith my ME1 character and half way through i decided i wanted his story to be with tali. in making this decision i dumped jack and picked up tali. an action which my crewmates constantly reminded me of! i actually felt like a real ******* doing that. well played bioware, well played.

About the only problem i've come across so far is something i'm going to have to check out on my next ME1/2 playthrough and that's the fan mission. in ME2 he acted like i decked him in ME1 but i was using my goody two shoes paragon character and he sweet talked the man down.