Lt. Commander
# 11
04-23-2010, 09:18 AM
I honestly can't remember how it started.

But I've been SaintHazard for as long as I can remember. Probably ten years or so now.

It started out as Hazard, but that was used quite often by a lot of people, so at some point, somehow, I was canonized. Or something.

I dunno.

I just use SaintHazard as my username for everything that isn't an official record or something else business or finance-related (for things like that, I use my full name as my username).
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-23-2010, 09:21 AM
I spilled my scrabble game and these are the first seven letters I picked up. :p

I have no life.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Started as misspelling Catharsis as Chatarsis since Chat had no desired to be called Cat.
Went to Global_Chat(was a pun) after a while and now just Chat allower the place.

THE END!
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-23-2010, 09:25 AM
I like the euphonics of the word.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-23-2010, 09:30 AM
My nick isn't nearly so personal (and sorry for your loss BTW, i couldn't imagine how devastating that would be) It originally came from morrowind if i remember correctly, i whipped open the editor, listed the npc's and went about choosing or modding character names for my toon there and thus Cormoran Venim was born.

Though he didn't become special until i transferred that name to a star trek PBeM sim when i transformed him from a stealthy dunmer into the psychotic cardassian i know and love today. It was a nice chance to sim someone with absolutely no good side at all, he's xenophobic, sociopathic, conniving, destructive, brutal and many many more nouns. I must say i've never had so much fun simming a character than i did with him, and so his name stuck with me.

I usually use the name for my toons ingame whenever i play an mmog, in lotro cormoran was a much nicer character, if a little too fond of the local ale and pipeweed. But for STO i've decided to wait, i've messed around with how i could make him look in STO but i'm not actually going to use him until either a cardassian faction or a pirate faction are implemented. In STO he'll continue to be the worst example of cardassian that cardassia prime has to offer.

And that is pretty much it, i could go on about his escapades in the various sims i've had him in but that'd just get boring and this post has already reached the point of self indulgance, so uhh, that's it! :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Once upon a time I played a PnP Superhero RPG. My character's name was Ravenstein. Then later I played City of Heroes and made a character based on my PnP character there as well. Then I played Champions which is where my Cryptic forum handle comes from.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-23-2010, 09:40 AM
Funkdefyno.... Hmmm... I don't know.

also, it was the name of a band I was in durnig highschool, it was a tie between that or, "Waste of Talent."
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-23-2010, 09:41 AM
sacerd-os-otis m priest f priestess

I am a minister in the Universal Life Church...was ordained on the internet. LOL:p
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornithorhynchus
You know we're lazy don't you? Search? Search? *sigh*

my point being that if he wanted to know about the forum names, the other one has a lot more peoples posts in there and really typing forum names into an advanced search took all of a minute :p
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woebetide

my point being that if he wanted to know about the forum names, the other one has a lot more peoples posts in there and really typing forum names into an advanced search took all of a minute :p
I don't know about you but when I use the search function it always say "No results found" even when I know there are....I know I'm doing it wrong somehow