Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 By the way... dead crew?
04-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Maybe I just have missed it, but... why is the crew not at full health when respawning? Is there a reason to it?

Since powers actually depend on it, that's rather annoying - think 10% hull healing with miracle worker vs ~80%.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-23-2010, 12:48 PM
It's always been that way, and one of the consequences of blowing up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyol View Post
Maybe I just have missed it, but... why is the crew not at full health when respawning? Is there a reason to it?

Since powers actually depend on it, that's rather annoying - think 10% hull healing with miracle worker vs ~80%.
I'm more worried as to why torpedoes kill off half my crew with shields up DURING battle. The crew mechanics are NOT working correctly, and it's been going on too long. I'm starting to get ****ed off.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-23-2010, 01:00 PM
My only complaint is I get a double hit when I blow up. I loose a good 20% from dying, but than my own warp core breach causes an additional 20% loss of crew.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.S.Krieger
It's always been that way, and one of the consequences of blowing up.
Yeah, is there a reason to it? What escort cares for crew? Why do the big ships get the shaft in this case? Why is my shield and hull up and running but my crew still hurt?

I can't see the logic behind it, the only thing I can think of why are:
  • Discourage suicide rushing, so you ball up again before you engage.
    Weak reason, small ships (who die the most and care least) do the most suiciding anyway.
  • Force bigger ships to 'waste' BO slots on tac team. Why? Can't imagine.
  • Give the ones who die first a disadvantage in the later battles, loopsiding the combat a bit for... no reason? This is mostly a fed issue and especially a PUG one, for there they die most and then keep loosing. Why adding insult to injury in such a case is beyond my grasp.
  • Some kind of death penalty. Can't be, It cannot be worse to die in a small ship losing a point to the enemy team than doing the same in a big ship, where you still only lose one point.

This is most definitely mysterious. Cryptic, even... any ideas beyond 'it has always been the case'?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
My only complaint is I get a double hit when I blow up. I loose a good 20% from dying, but than my own warp core breach causes an additional 20% loss of crew.
I loathe to type such things, but here I go: "lol"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-23-2010, 01:15 PM
call me crazy but brace for impact....and don't they have consoles tohelp with crew resist and regen and resist? yup.....feel free to bring them for when you respawn and are ehaded into the battle swap thm out when you get close for the fight.
Not that hard to do if you worried about it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otheym81 View Post
I'm more worried as to why torpedoes kill off half my crew with shields up DURING battle. The crew mechanics are NOT working correctly, and it's been going on too long. I'm starting to get ****ed off.
Everybody knows, starship consoles, especially those on the bridge, are jam packed with precariously volatile explosive substances. Also note that the explosive potential of a console depends on the expendabillity of the officer manning it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumarev
and don't they have consoles tohelp with crew resist and regen and resist? yup.....feel free to bring them
*sigh*

Try first, post later.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumarev
call me crazy but brace for impact....and don't they have consoles tohelp with crew resist and regen and resist? yup.....feel free to bring them for when you respawn and are ehaded into the battle swap thm out when you get close for the fight.
Not that hard to do if you worried about it
Have you actually tested this? Or are you just calling me out for not using them?

Consoles are completely ineffective. As to Brace for Impact, easy test. Fly too close to two warp core explosions, once with Brace, and one w/o. Let me know how many crew survive in each case.

Letting ya know right now that the 125% able crew resistance doesn't work. Biofuntion monitor provides a terrible amount of crew regen. And the engineering console has no effect in any of my tests. And the resistances on both have no effect.

Crew is broken, period.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:31 AM.