Lt. Commander
# 11
04-24-2010, 06:28 AM
I was born in the town I live in- Rutland, Vermont in a hospital that is about three to four miles from where I sit. I lived here until I was seven.

I then lived in Brandon and Tampa Florida until I was seventeen.

Then I lived in Brunswick and Savannah Georgia until I was thirty-two.

Then I moved home.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-24-2010, 06:37 AM
My home town? The same little city I've lived in all my life.The only thing keeping me here is the fact that my parents need help with the bills, especially after my dad's heart attack. Once they're stable again, I'm back out on my own.

If you get a chance to visit Alabama, don't come near Oneonta. Seriously, the biggest attraction here is a Wal-Mart!
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-24-2010, 06:46 AM
This little place in Upstate New York called Watertown.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-24-2010, 07:39 AM
Bloomington, Mn.

With the exception of a few months in Tacoma and 4 years in the Navy, I've been here all my life.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Longest stay in a town when I was getting older (too old to grow up now), was about 10 years in Eden Prairie, MN. Nice city, but only if your mom is a lawyer and dad is a doctor. I cannot beleieve how much s#!# I caught for being in a single parent family, and all that.

But, it's where I met a few life long firends, my wife, and I had fun regardless.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-24-2010, 08:41 AM
The town I grew up in had one stop light. That was the only stop light in the county. Rural Florida IS the south...believe it or not. I believe the population while I was growing up was about 2500 now it's around 5000. My mom still lives there.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian_Phoenix76
Longest stay in a town when I was getting older (too old to grow up now), was about 10 years in Eden Prairie, MN. Nice city, but only if your mom is a lawyer and dad is a doctor. I cannot beleieve how much s#!# I caught for being in a single parent family, and all that.

But, it's where I met a few life long firends, my wife, and I had fun regardless.
Howdy neighbor

*edit*
were you there when Spook Road was still Spook Road?

oh ..Lion's Tap ftw!
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Been here in Tucson since I was eight. So it's my hometown.
Up to 750,000 now, not near the town it was.
Too much gang and drug activity, I retired for the local PD and wow how the crime changed over my career. I am thankful that we are not Phoenix, that is a cesspool.

I love the culture here and oh my the Mexican food.
Pat's Chili Dogs are Heaven on Earth.

Just remember, it's a dry heat.... Like a frackin blast furnace.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornithorhynchus
The town I grew up in had one stop light. That was the only stop light in the county. Rural Florida IS the south...believe it or not. I believe the population while I was growing up was about 2500 now it's around 5000. My mom still lives there.
You mean it hasn't been paved over like Hillsborough? I mean, last I heard that county was strip malls, malls, and asphalt.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Hm, I moved around a bit however the place I graduated from high school is Huntsville, AL. We have the rocket branch of NASA (which includes Space Camp!), the Redstone Arsenal and the largest collection of developmental missile contractors in the U.S. You can see that the town is almost entirely made up of engineers. I enjoyed parts of it but the government surveillance was scary and uncomfortable. Also, I'm sort of a fine arts type of person so I had very little community work outside of school. We had two poorly run theater groups and a museum one town over. I joined the closer of the two jenkem community theater organizations. The artistic director would always type cast me as the dork or the comic relief

Then I moved to Nashville to attend university and subsequently be crushed by all the rhinestone boots and cowboy hats.