Lt. Commander
Hello there,

I'm new to STO (as is obvious from this being my first post) but not to MMOs in general. I'm coming off the back of about 6 months of WoW and around 3 years of LOTRO (which I'm still playing) with a decent amount of raid leadership experience under my belt. After having played the game for a few weeks now with a friend I can safely say I'll be sticking around for a good while longer. In light of this I think it's time that I found a fleet to join because as much fun as I'm having now it would be even more fun if I was a part of a larger group of players. Plus I think it would help me a great deal in learning how some of the game mechanics and other things work. I'd like to think I'm not that picky but basically I have a few conditions that need to be met before I'd agree to join your fleet. They are:

1. Please don't be called Pwnrs of Strfelt or anything similarly stupid/misspelt. I'd like to be proud of my fleet's name.

2. Please be as drama free as possible with a (relatively) mature bunch of people. I am a firm believer that age is not an indicator of maturity so don't try to convince me you're a mature bunch by saying you only accept 18+ members.

3. Please embrace the whole game and not just a single aspect (like PvP to name one example).

4. Please have the majority of your player base be active during American or Australian evenings. I'm Australian and generally sleep during peak European times.

5. Please be a co-operative and helpful group that strives to expand and improve itself.

Looking forward to your replies and I realise that I might sound a little arrogant to some but I'm just trying to be honest and upfront about what I expect from any fleet willing to accept me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-24-2010, 05:06 AM
Heya, yeah. As posted above I'm that girl 'The Friend' so yeah, basically what he said applies to me too. hellloooo everyone. have a great day.

~S
Lt. Commander
Good morning. I hope you will take a moment and consider the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. Ours is a small but great (and growing) fleet. We are easy going, dedicated and friendly. We all come from different backgrounds and have different ways of doing things, but thatís what makes us great.

Anyone in our fleet is happy to help others when needed, in almost any aspect of the game. We have a fleet Ventrilo that we use not just for the game but to hang out as well. Many of us are located on the East Coast (USA) but we do have members scattered across the globe.

Although I say our fleet is dedicated, it also realizes that everyone has lives as well so therefore when you need to take the time, you don't need to be concerned about your position within the fleet being lost. We do not discriminate against such things because we understand ourselves that sometimes real life can become interfere and some time is needed to sort it out again.

So please think about joining us and move into 2409 armed with the best Intel, the most specific and targeted body of knowledge about STO, and a group of Fleet-mates who will be there with you in the crunch.

http://www.vulcankolinahrfleet.com

Live Long and Prosper!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-24-2010, 06:28 AM
Had the privilege of visitng Australia during the Australian Open about 2 years ago. Beautiful country. Great people.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-24-2010, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortan_Amethius
Hello there,

I'm new to STO (as is obvious from this being my first post) but not to MMOs in general. I'm coming off the back of about 6 months of WoW and around 3 years of LOTRO (which I'm still playing) with a decent amount of raid leadership experience under my belt. After having played the game for a few weeks now with a friend I can safely say I'll be sticking around for a good while longer. In light of this I think it's time that I found a fleet to join because as much fun as I'm having now it would be even more fun if I was a part of a larger group of players. Plus I think it would help me a great deal in learning how some of the game mechanics and other things work. I'd like to think I'm not that picky but basically I have a few conditions that need to be met before I'd agree to join your fleet. They are:

1. Please don't be called Pwnrs of Strfelt or anything similarly stupid/misspelt. I'd like to be proud of my fleet's name.

2. Please be as drama free as possible with a (relatively) mature bunch of people. I am a firm believer that age is not an indicator of maturity so don't try to convince me you're a mature bunch by saying you only accept 18+ members.

3. Please embrace the whole game and not just a single aspect (like PvP to name one example).

4. Please have the majority of your player base be active during American or Australian evenings. I'm Australian and generally sleep during peak European times.
5. Please be a co-operative and helpful group that strives to expand and improve itself.

Looking forward to your replies and I realise that I might sound a little arrogant to some but I'm just trying to be honest and upfront about what I expect from any fleet willing to accept me.
We in the 'Lucky 7th" Fleet have expanded our search for players in Australian time zones, and we have active at least one very active player there. If you choose to join us, you could become an immediate part in building our outreach within your time zone.

WWW.fleet7.com
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-24-2010, 06:50 AM
I think you'd fit in well with the 12th fleet, for general information it's probably best if you read this topic: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=148196

As far as your demands go, I think it's an excellent idea that you don't only ask what a fleet can offer you but also post what your expectations of a fleet are.

- As you can see we're the 12th fleet. The 12th fleet is actually mentioned in Star Trek lore and we're proud to name ourselves after it. On our website you can read more about this background story.

- We deal with drama swiftly, though I'm actually happy to say that we hardly ever have drama. Sometimes there are some minor arguments, but it'd be unnatural if those weren't there. :p
We're most of all interested in having a fun time together and all our members respect each other. We also treat everybody equally, an Ensign has as much to say as a Rear Admiral in our fleet.

- We're doing all the aspects in the game AND also a lot of things outside the game. You seem like the kinda person that would enjoy an occasional roleplaying and we have a casual rp community going as well. We're also working on fleet videos and have some other exciting stuff down the pipeline. We really stimulate creativity in our members and it's lead some some really cool things so far.

- We're an international guild with basicly people online 24/7, though we're not focussed on the USA. Our playerbase is about 50/50 USA/ EU with a couple of asian and aussies in the fleet. The majority of our players are USA/ EU based though.

- Ah, this a point that gets close to what I'm focussing on in our fleet right now. We're constantly trying to improve the fleet overal and cut down on bureaucracy wherever possible. Making an application to our fleet takes about 2 - 3 minutes time and we have a lot of active members on our forums.
We also value transparancy a lot and giving our members a say in our matters. Whenever we have an admiral meeting notes of that meeting will be made public to the entire fleet the same day. Whenever we have big structural changes no decisions are made without gathering feedback from all our members first.

I hope you're gonna give us a try, or at least read our website and what we're about. ^_^