Lt. Commander
# 1 Actual Game Play Questions
04-24-2010, 06:57 AM
I don't want to scare anyone, but I have some actual questions about the game (I know RUN! HIDE!)

1) Can Klingons join any fleet or are they restricted to just Klingon Fleets?

2) Ok, I have a Science Officer. My natural inclination is- GASP- as a healer in other games. I know that STO is a bit different, but even with those differences, my inclination is to try and keep everyone running until I'm dead. Which is better for keeping people up and running- Science Ships or Cruisers?

Thanks for any help
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-24-2010, 07:01 AM
Klingons join klingon fleets.

My current healer (science guy) flew science vessels all the way through to Admiral and is now flying the DSSV.
You can actually do quite alot in space with a couple of hazard emitters, engineering team, science team and share shield strength if you are specced for them and use the relevant consoles to give them a boost.

His Medic kit for ground keeps people ticking so much so that I made him a melee medic, just so I don't get bored waiting to click my powers.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-24-2010, 07:04 AM
science droolz

TACTICAL RULEZ LOL
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-24-2010, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woebetide
Klingons join klingon fleets.

My current healer (science guy) flew science vessels all the way through to Admiral and is now flying the DSSV.
You can actually do quite alot in space with a couple of hazard emitters, engineering team, science team and share shield strength if you are specced for them and use the relevant consoles to give them a boost.

His Medic kit for ground keeps people ticking so much so that I made him a melee medic, just so I don't get bored waiting to click my powers.
*raises eyebrow at Woe*
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-24-2010, 07:07 AM
1: Empire Klingons are restricted to Empire Fleets. Federation Klingons are restricted to Federation Fleets.

2: Go with science ships since they have the larger Science Stations that are more useful for what you want to do. Cruisers tend to be more useful for tanking roles.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-24-2010, 07:35 AM
Thanks everyone. Ok, I guess my tactical officer will have to remain on her own, but other than that, I now know where I'm heading with my Federation toon
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
science droolz

TACTICAL RULEZ LOL
ROFL
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-24-2010, 10:58 AM
As a science officer I spend alot of time healing but at same time depending on the situation. Like in the Cure STF. I spend alot of time buffing myself and healing myself because I end up Bat'lething everything down including being the tank against the Ground Boss. If you are specced well enough you only need to do Nanite Health Monitor and Vascular Regeneration on yourself with the two buffs.. i.e Physician Kit. As well as being in a science ship is nice.. although I died quite a bit I was able to solo the first Space Portion of The Cure ... Scramble Sensors and Photonic fleet make it much easier. So when it comes down to it you want a Science Vessel. Because of the Skill Tree you have it is more suited for science vessels. A Cruiser would be nice but will gimp you in the Science department and make you an ineffective Healer/Debuffer over all. Plus Science is next to Godliness :p