Lt. Commander
# 21
04-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budokan
There should be sectors solely dedicated to PVP but not all of space.
/yawn.

Those would be great for like...2 weeks?! Single PvP zones/instances get boring. Bored players quit.

PvP is an expanded gameplay choice the same as crafting or RPing, and needs to be treated as a real alternative to PvE content. Where you might favor new emotes or additional clothing choices, I would favor something that expands the possibility of PvP. There's more than enough room for ALL playstyles in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Open world PVP under any circumstances will never ever happen period.

Maybe open PVP zones, but that's about it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie0854
In my orginal post i suggested that core areas such as Sol and Qo'nos would be off limits, this could be expanded slightly BUT as the game stands now we have these enemy contacts flying around core sectors of the Federation, plus remember that any faction other than the federation will be vastly outnumbered, flying into Federation space will be risky, attempting to gain access to the core sectors would be close to suicide. This system that i propose polices its self.

And yes i understand that you are opposed to World PvP, and would not wish to partake if what im suggesting is introduced (which I highly doubt if im honest) which is why you could leave yourself as covert, which is essentially a World PvP off button, this would then as Global Taxi says leave your game unaffected by World PvP apart from the static Hot Spot areas mentioned in my OP.
You have bad ideas and you are getting mad at folks who disagree with you....
World PVP in any form will not work, the developers have said they might give you an open PVP zone, take that and be happy, because I think that even that is too much.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
You make some interesting and vaild points. However, I have to disagree on the open pvp. I think there should be sectors made for pvp, and it seems like that might happen in the future. Yet, I don't agree with all of sector space being open PVP, even with the homeworlds being off limits.
The Dev's are looking into open PvP type things
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
The Dev's are looking into open PvP type things
Yes but if anything it will be Open PVP Zones which means that PVP will still be consensual, the Counter Strike fans are looking for ways to Force PVP on everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-26-2010, 12:45 PM
A few open pvp zones yeah that was planned all along but total open pvp hell no.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faymar
Yes but if anything it will be Open PVP Zones which means that PVP will still be consensual, the Counter Strike fans are looking for ways to Force PVP on everyone.
Could you please highlight (quote) where anyone has suggested any "forced" PVP? I read the original post and most replies and I haven't seen that suggested.

Forced PvP = BAD!
More PvP = GOOD!
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Where are these PVErs coming from. What other games you play/or Played? **** had focus on both PVE and PVP. Catering to both can happen.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-26-2010, 01:35 PM
I think world pvp would only work if there were seperate pve and pvp servers.

I've played SWG(all versions),****,WoW,***,Guild Wars,LOTRO,Warhammer On-line and Pirates of the Burning Sea and if there is one thing I've learned over the years is that you need to keep the pve'rs and the pvp'rs seperate. Seems pvp'rs like nothing more than trying to find ways to force pve'rs into pvp.

But then,I'm biased against pvp'rs anyway. I blame them for ruining SWG. All their constant whining about balance is what brought on the NGE. As one dev said,it's easier to balance 9-10 cookie cutter classes then it is to balance 32 mix and match classes.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Excellent idea. Everyone saying this will hurt the casual gamer clearly doesn't understand what you are proposing here. This would have no affect on the casual gamer because they could still choose not to participate in PvP at all. In fact, this way of doing it could even save people from the random DSE that people care complaining about.