Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
04-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
You've got to give Avatar credit, it did teach us that we should keep our pets and livestock well away from James Cameron.
I could have told you that without Avatar
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshign
Right now, I'm more like Leela in Futurama. I've got a massive headache and I have to close my right eye.
Hmm this is a good point, but tbh movies are trying to go all 3-D to kill piracy....which will prob. adapt to the new tech at one point lol.

# 23
04-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Well... Cant write what happens because would probably give Chat an infraction. :p
Well, that's why I'm not in the fight club. I can be a bit gorey.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Me to ......
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshign
Well, that's why I'm not in the fight club. I can be a bit gorey.
But seriously... That Breaking Dawn book is just... Wacky.

Saw is kindergarten compared to that.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
But seriously... That Breaking Dawn book is just... Wacky.

Saw is kindergarten compared to that.
Given that I have a good dream memory, Saw is kindergarten to what some of my nightmares are like. They really are very disturbing and bloody.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Oh you would love Twilight if they made a movie of the last book... Which sadly they wont. :p
I think Chat is looking for this.... http://www.chud.com/articles/article...VIE/Page1.html
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Avatar was aesthetically pleasing to watch in 3-D. However the entire story and experience is borrowed. A lot of blockbusters go through Hollywood idea committees that rehash old stories so this isn't terribly scandalous. The issue is that James Cameron had the money and the means to make the script better. Unfortunately the end result is an anti-imperialist movie full of pretty lights. I am definitely anti-imperialist but I'm also a little traditional when it comes to films. I really enjoy in-depth profiles of characters and witty banter. Avatar has a white guy with a one track mind and no substance somehow becoming the best blue tree frog warrior. And he falls in love with one? That's the dumbest thing...

Anyway this isn't exactly the right movie if you're looking for something to move you. It's not critical but there is some fun adrenaline rushes for sure. I suppose I'm not with the majority because I've never been an eye candy person.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woebetide
I think Chat is looking for this.... http://www.chud.com/articles/article...VIE/Page1.html
Oy, sounds like the writer wrote herself into a corner and didn't know how to get out of it.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-24-2010, 12:46 PM
and the grave just got deeper and deeper right?